Brainwavz M1/M2 vs Maximo iM590
Dec 31, 2010 at 12:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Mchin1027

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster here.

I previously owned the Maximo iM590, but they broke so I'm looking for some new phones.

After reading the reviews, I've decided on either the M1 or M2.

From what I understand, the main difference is the quantity of bass, with the M1 having less bass and more of a balanced feel. 

I know the iM590's didn't have a lot of bass, and if anyone can use that as a reference point to describe the bass in the M1 that would be greatly appreciated.

Dec 31, 2010 at 1:24 PM Post #2 of 4
You probably want the m2. I found the 590 a bit bass heavy of neutral and the M1 has less. The 590 is also a bit to etched up top and reports are-that the m2 may be a bit smooth there. Perhaps thr top iswhat gave the light bass impression. I really prefer the m1 too the 590 but probably not for your preferences. I think the m2 a better fit.

Dec 31, 2010 at 1:34 PM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
You probably want the m2. I found the 590 a bit bass heavy of neutral and the M1 has less. The 590 is also a bit to etched up top and reports are-that the m2 may be a bit smooth there. Perhaps thr top iswhat gave the light bass impression. I really prefer the m1 too the 590 but probably not for your preferences. I think the m2 a better fit.

Interesting, so the 590 has more bass than the M1?

Thanks a lot for your input, now I'm trying to decide between the proalpha and the M2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back