Brainwavz M1+E5 vs M2
Nov 5, 2010 at 9:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

martian007

New Head-Fier
First of all, i'm Spanish, so sorry for my bad english. I've taken look at mp4nation.net and I'm very interested in the Brainwavz M1. If I preorder them before Nov 15th, I will get them for just $29. But I've read that the M2 are also a very good headphones with a more powerfull bass than the M1, which have a clearer and less bassy sound. I was also thinking of getting a Fiio E5 to pair with one of those two, but my budget only allows me to get M1+E5 or just M2.

I would like to know which of them would be a better choice for listening to heavy metal music (specially progressive, death, and thrash) and rock.

Nov 6, 2010 at 3:24 AM Post #2 of 4
It would go for the M2 without the amp. You can always get an amp later if you really think it's need and, M2 and Fiio E5 combo is actually quite good to be honest. Used to them together but have since sold the Fiio E5. I am pretty satisfied with my M2.

Sorry i don't have and haven't heard of M1s before. But i'd say go for the M2.

Nov 6, 2010 at 3:57 AM Post #3 of 4
Hey martian007

I am in the same situation as you, and funny enough we both have the same music tastes.

the brainwavz m2 is 59.50 by itself

but they have a combo

http://mp4nation.net/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25&products_id=417

that comes with the E5 and the L2 for only 10 bucks more.  I am leaning towards this combo deal as well.

hope this helps

Nov 6, 2010 at 7:47 AM Post #4 of 4
Thanks for your answers. I'm also going for the M2, i think I'll enjoy their more powerful bass when listening to metal over the more analytical sound of the M1. Also, the build quality of the M2 seems way better compared to the M1.

The M2+E5 combo is interesting indeed, since it's like buying the M2 for $49 compared to the M1+E5 combo, which costs $20 more than the M1. But I prefer to buy only the M2 for the moment, and maybe buying the E5 on the future if think I lack volume with my current player. Also, a $70 headphones will force me to consider alternatives like the M3, the RE0 or the Fischer Eterna (although these last ones are almost impossible to find on the internet).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back