Brainwavz "Kidwavz" Wireless/Wired Headphones
Aug 28, 2015 at 12:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

dragon2knight

Account disabled by request.
Hi all.
It seems that Brainwavz is possibly starting a new line, one aimed at children called Kidwavz. Their first entry is a good one as well: The Kidwavz KV-100 full sized Bluetooth headphones.
Here are the specs, yanked right off their Amazon page http://www.amazon.com/dp/B014CNWSI2:

Specifications:

Bluetooth Profiles: HSP, HFP, A2DP, AVRCP 
Bluetooth Operating Distance: 10 meters / 33 feet 
Frequency range: 2.4 ~ 2.48 GHz 

Distortion: ≤1% 
Microphone Sensitivity: -40dB 
Working Time: Music Play Time up to 6 hours, Talk Time up to 10 hours 
Charging Time: Approx. 3hours

Contents & Accessories:

KIDWAVZ Bluetooth Headphones 
USB Charging Cord 
3.5mm AUX Cord 
Instruction Manual & Warranty Card

It looks like they are smaller in size, to fit kids heads better, from ages 3-14 years according to Brainwavz. They come in three kid friendly colors(pink,toy blue and black), and look to be generously padded, a big plus for comfort. They also have a few tricks up their sleeves, like being able to work both wireless (bluetooth) as well as wired, nice. They also have an 85db limitation in wireless mode, done to help protect their hearing, really nice. Sadly this mode doesn't work wired, but it's still a good feature nonetheless. Also, Brainwavz tuned these to have a lower bass signature, emphasizing voice over boom, also to protect their hearing...seems very well thought out here. Looks to have decent battery life as well. I'm getting a set in to review, I'll post more on it then. They are retailing for $42.50US on both Amazon and their mp4nation store.

Oh, and these are the first Briainwavz product's I've seen actually advertised with the new 2 year warranty( all are covered by it, new or old, regardless of model).

So, what do you folks think? Good idea? Bad idea? Chime in here with your opinions, thanks!

NOTE: I created a review thread that doesn't have any colors attached to it for the purpose of having the reviews all in one spot, hope that works ok for everyone. it's here:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/brainwavz-kidwavz-kv100-childrens-bluetooth-volume-limited-headphones/reviews

Aug 30, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #2 of 11
Well, I guess I thought some of us on here had kids....guess not....pity, these look pretty good.  Still, going to put up a review soon(just got them in), so far so good, build is solid, lots of padding, and well packed from the factory, no complaints so far. I honestly hope some folks on here take notice as this is a great idea.

Sep 2, 2015 at 12:56 AM Post #3 of 11
  Well, I guess I thought some of us on here had kids....guess not....pity, these look pretty good.  Still, going to put up a review soon(just got them in), so far so good, build is solid, lots of padding, and well packed from the factory, no complaints so far. I honestly hope some folks on here take notice as this is a great idea.

Yeah, i got these today. Nice looking headphones, but are not for we grown ups. Had a big struggle with the fitment.

Sep 2, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #4 of 11

Yeah, i got these today. Nice looking headphones, but are not for we grown ups. Had a big struggle with the fitment.

Really? Both myself and my roommate got them to fit just fine,and he's got a pretty big head(don't tell him I said that, lol). A bit tight at first on the clamping force, but it can be stretched out easily enough. My neighbors kid(a 9 year old girl) liked them, but hated the logo, said it was too big...girls are really picky about looks I guess. She liked both the sound and fit otherwise, and she also surprised me by saying she liked she could take phone calls with them...guess I underestimated a girls ability to gossip even at that age
biggrin.gif
 Nice design, working on my review as I go along.  

Sep 2, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #7 of 11
They should look sharp with that pink mini skirt outfit that you like to wear when you travel.    :wink_face:

For your eyes only Charlie :wink:

Sep 4, 2015 at 1:18 AM Post #9 of 11
Sep 29, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #10 of 11
My review is up!! Any advice will be nice!!

http://www.head-fi.org/products/brainwavz-kidwavz-kv100-childrens-bluetooth-volume-limited-headphones/reviews/14113

Nov 1, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #11 of 11
My review is finally up:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/brainwavz-kidwavz-kv100-childrens-bluetooth-volume-limited-headphones/reviews/14400

Users who are viewing this thread

Back