Brainwavz HM5 vs. NAD Viso HP50
Dec 27, 2013 at 4:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Nepenthe

500+ Head-Fier
Currently use M50s at work, with the coax pad mod, out of a Cute Beyond amp. I like them a lot, best closed headphones I've tried, the alleged v-shape freq response is excellent in light of the fact I listen at low volumes. Anyway, I'm wanting a second pair of closed headphones so I can have one pair at home and another at work and not have to bring them back and forth.

At home, I use my 1st gen Gilmore Lite amp. I listen to stuff like Karnivool, The Dear Hunter, Menomena, and St. Vincent (and hundreds in-between).

Instead of buying another pair of M50s (which is an option, in white or red), I was considering going for another flavor because, well, variety is the spice of life. Comfort is of some importance to me (and I like true circumaural); cost really isn't (not over, say, $400 though). Being portable, being easy to drive, and appearance are mainly non-issues.

I've been eyeing the Brainwavz HM5 (which I think has Fischer and Lindy varieties) and the NAD Viso HP50. Opinions, between those two? Clarity, balance, comfort?

Others I should consider? Sony 7520? Senn Momentum? Doesn't Shure have a new closed (I had the 840s and gave them up for my M50s as I thought the M50s did everything better)?

Thank You!

Edit: just saw the JVC HA-SZ2000 in my signature (I haven't posted in a while), did those ever come out?

Jan 3, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #2 of 3
Anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back