Brainwavz HM3 Review with video
May 9, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #19 of 25
Please do not be lead into believing that the HTF600 are as good as people say they are. Yesterday I shipped my pair back. First - the bad: pads are the worst that have touched my skin (they make me sweat after 30 seconds), there is simply too much bass which overshadows other frequencies. The good - soundstage. If you change the pads with velour beyer ones, this set would be excellent in terms of hearing the enemy's steps in Counter Strike.

Use judgement and common sense, it is not advisory to follow a hype.

May 9, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #20 of 25
I find the HM3 to be the overall better sounding headphone compared to the HTF600, in terms of clarity. The HTF600 has it beat in terms of sound stage, though. I think the HTF600 fits nicely in the $30 price bracket, but doesn't really punch out of it too well. 

May 12, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #21 of 25
I too own both the HTF600 and HM3.  My HTF600 has a lot more burn-in time that my HM3, but the HM3 still sounds much better. 

Quick thoughts on the HM3.  Even with little burn-in they have a great sound to them and I look forward to what they will become.

Comfort wise, you really need to bend them a lot to shape them to your head.  Not too hard to do though.  I have smaller ears, so they are Over-the-Ear for me, but just barely.  This causes my ears to get sore as they are slightly smooshed in between the pads.  The pads also do make my ears a little warm, but not horribly so.  I do wish the pads where oval instead of round, I would like to find velor replacements.

If I could morph the sound of the HM3 with the comfort of the HTF600, they would be the perfect pair of inexpessive headphones.

May 13, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #22 of 25
Small update.  I could not take the awful comfort of it stock.  So I took the extra set of pads, took out the padding and retrofit them with the Beyerdynamic EDT 250. 

I could not be happier with the results.  Perfect sound of over the ear headphones I have been looking for a while.

May 13, 2012 at 12:15 PM Post #23 of 25
Quote:
I too own both the HTF600 and HM3.  My HTF600 has a lot more burn-in time that my HM3, but the HM3 still sounds much better. 

Quick thoughts on the HM3.  Even with little burn-in they have a great sound to them and I look forward to what they will become.

Comfort wise, you really need to bend them a lot to shape them to your head.  Not too hard to do though.  I have smaller ears, so they are Over-the-Ear for me, but just barely.  This causes my ears to get sore as they are slightly smooshed in between the pads.  The pads also do make my ears a little warm, but not horribly so.  I do wish the pads where oval instead of round, I would like to find velor replacements.

If I could morph the sound of the HM3 with the comfort of the HTF600, they would be the perfect pair of inexpessive headphones.

That was a great Idea. I ended up just returning mine though. The clampforce of these headphones really bothered me. To the point where I thought even different pads wouldn;t have fixed it. The sound was great as pointed out.

May 13, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #24 of 25
Quote:
That was a great Idea. I ended up just returning mine though. The clampforce of these headphones really bothered me. To the point where I thought even different pads wouldn;t have fixed it. The sound was great as pointed out.

Yeah, besides putting on the nice oval pads, I also had to bend the headband a lot, but FINALLY got the perfect shape for my head.  It fits like a glove now.

After being so disappointed with the HTF600, then LOVING the sound of the HM3...  I knew I had to find a way to make it work.  And I could not be happier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back