brain transplant micro speakers
Jun 9, 2002 at 5:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

LTUCCI1924

Headphoneus Supremus
At this time the fad is to shove long things deep into the ear canell in both ears to get closser to the brain and hear the music in your mind. But in the near future there will be micro brain transplants directly into the brain, left and right sides with wires gomming out of the back of the head to go to a source and the music will not only be in your mind but also in your brain. It will sound very clear and be right there. The next generation transplants will also have visual abilitys so not only will you hear the concert but you will be able to see it to. All in your brain in the confort of your home. Gee what ever happened to headphones that go on your ears or ear buds or even ear cannell ear phones. I guess what ever the big boys come up with will be just fine not to mention all the money that they are and will make off your suffering. I was taking ear drops to break up the ear wax that I shoved deep in me ear cannells that were very sore for some strange reason of just 2 weeks of shoving things deep into both ear cannells. but what the heck it sounded good till the pain set in. I cleaned my ears daly but not as deep as the wax was shoved befor insertion of the great new fad. But boy it sound good. For you doby folk they arte making nose cannell things to go with the ear cannell things with eye patches so you can see it too. This is advancement and recomened by our heros.

Jun 9, 2002 at 12:35 PM Post #3 of 9
beni
I havent had a drink or a drug for 10 years on NOV. 29th 2002. I must asume that my fantasy might have been sleep typing. But I did suffer for almost a week with sore ears esspecially the right ear.

Jun 9, 2002 at 4:59 PM Post #4 of 9
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 9, 2002 at 5:16 PM Post #5 of 9
I remeber seeing somewhere that they are currently testing implants for the profoundly deaf. I doubt they are anywhere near hi-fi, and they are probably increadibly expensive, but the technology isn't nonexistant.

But, there is a huge gap between a surgery to let someone function more normally and an implant to help normal people hear better. Kinda like the difference between people who get eyeglasses just so they can see and those who get them so they can have better than perfect vision.

I won't be holding my breath.

Jun 9, 2002 at 5:35 PM Post #6 of 9
Folks I am sorry if any of you took this for real. I was just mad that the etys gave me ear problems and when off on a rant. My ears are not sore now after some ear drops. I now believe that nothing should go very deep into the ear cannell like the doctors say. I do not mean to afend any ety lovers and wish them well. I guess my inmagination got the best of me. Sorry to afend or misslead anyone. I just find it wierd at what lenth we will go for music. Not to mention the money that we spend. I am at the point that all I use now is my portable rig. The ear cannell earphones that I am useing just go in to the beginning of my ear cannell. Not very far at all. This is just my prefferance and to each his owne. Maby I need a new hobbie.

Jun 9, 2002 at 5:50 PM Post #7 of 9
Sorry to hear that you are having difficulties w/ Etys. I know that some people produce more ear wax than others, and that could be a problem. Does your doctor have any advice on cleaning it out regularly?

You were not off base on the implant issue. It will happen some day. At that point we will be debating which algorythm gives the "most correct" stimulation to the right nerve centers to result in the best 3 dimensional auditory illusion. It will also allow for effects that we can't even imagine yet. There will also be the debate over the pros and cons of overdirving the voltage to the brain (dude, my frontal lobe was clipping!). I don't know where the cable discussion will end up, but rest assured, it will still be around.

gerG

Jun 9, 2002 at 6:04 PM Post #8 of 9
Greg Freeman
HI: Thanks for your concern. Yes my doctor did have some advice for me. First he gave me some free ear drops to break up the deep ear wax and it worked. Then he toald me to stop putting things deep into my ear cannells. But all is well and I blam myself for being so stupid as to put anything deep into my ears. So I am to blam and will try to be more carfull in the furture for I just know that there will be better and cheeper things to get soon that will go you guessed it right into the ear cannell. And deep to.

Jun 9, 2002 at 9:22 PM Post #9 of 9
My ears hurt like hell for at least a couple of weeks when I was learning how to put in my Etys too...I think that's pretty normal. Believe it or not, the Etys really don't go that deep into the ear canal...at least not unless you have the custom molds. Beyond that, there's nothing you can really do to my knowledge to damage your hearing by messing with your outer ear (the part of your ear outside of the ear drum). The actual part of your ear that stimulates the brain is behind the ear drum.

I actually saw an entire show on the discovery channel or TLC awhile ago about cochlear implants for deaf people. They're extremely low-fi, but compared to being deaf it must be wonderful. They played a simulation of what they think it sounds like for the people with the implants and it was a bit like comparing normal sight to only being able to make out patches of light and dark areas. You make out conversations though, and it must be a wonderful change. Someday they will have hi-fi setups that must be pretty neat. You'll have to decide whether you want a mini or standard plug socket in your neck though.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back