Brain rattling bass
Nov 10, 2013 at 11:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

nhousman42

New Head-Fier
Hello all,
I am new to this site or any site anything like this. With that being said, please excuse my ignorance in comparison to some of you headphone sound gurus out there. I simply am looking for help and will do my best to explain exactly what it is that I am looking for.
I am looking for the most booming bass possible for a pair of in-ear headphones! I would like a pretty well balanced sounds as far as mids and treble are concerned but I want my bass to be deep and smooth. I currently own a pair of Sony MDR-XB500 and I LOVE them!!! The only thing is, is that they are big freaking cans. I want IN-EAR head phones that can match up with the sound of the MDR-XB500 or better if possible. I work out a lot, play sports often, ride bicycle daily so whatever my next pair of headphones will be will need to be able to handle sweat and movement. I listen to mostly hip hop and dubstep but I also am into bands like tool, nine inch nails, and radiohead. 
I have done so much reading in trying to find in-ear headphones with the most bass but I feel confident that I can find some pretty good advice from this site before I make my next purchase.

Nov 10, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #3 of 19
  Hello all,
I am new to this site or any site anything like this. With that being said, please excuse my ignorance in comparison to some of you headphone sound gurus out there. I simply am looking for help and will do my best to explain exactly what it is that I am looking for.
I am looking for the most booming bass possible for a pair of in-ear headphones! I would like a pretty well balanced sounds as far as mids and treble are concerned but I want my bass to be deep and smooth. I currently own a pair of Sony MDR-XB500 and I LOVE them!!! The only thing is, is that they are big freaking cans. I want IN-EAR head phones that can match up with the sound of the MDR-XB500 or better if possible. I work out a lot, play sports often, ride bicycle daily so whatever my next pair of headphones will be will need to be able to handle sweat and movement. I listen to mostly hip hop and dubstep but I also am into bands like tool, nine inch nails, and radiohead. 
I have done so much reading in trying to find in-ear headphones with the most bass but I feel confident that I can find some pretty good advice from this site before I make my next purchase.

Also, I am not rich by any means  and do not have a ton of money to spend. I could only go as high as 300 dollars. :/ but as I said, I am so happy with the sound that I get from my sony MDR-XB500's that if I could get that sound from a pair of in-ear headphones I would be quite content

Nov 10, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #4 of 19
Ehm...there is one important issue, you forgotten to mention. Your budget. 
wink.gif

Anyways, the IEMs can't reproduce the amount of bass the full size headphones can. However you can still find some good alternatives. I would recomend the Fischer Audio Eterna, Shure se 225 and Sennheiser IE60 or IE80, dipending on your budget.

Have you ever tried to listen to any good quality headphones? Because even if you like bass a lot, after listening to high quality headphones people begin to stir away from all-bass kind of sound. Good quality bass is also very important... to actualy feel like you are in front of a bass guitar or drums and hearing all the details. Not just physically feeling the bass. I have the XB500 but they can't compare with any of my other headphones.

Nov 10, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #5 of 19
Oh, while I was typing I see you mention your budget 
biggrin.gif

Sennheiser IE80 it is then 
L3000.gif

Nov 10, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #6 of 19
> I have owned a pair of the Dre beats and I was sort of disappointed. Since I have been little I have been obsessed with music in my ears as loud as I can get it! YES, I AM AWARE OF THE DANGERS INVOLVED, so please, allow me to worry about me. that being said... Im not sure that my ears can pick up on the subtle differences in quality. It would be nice if there were a way to try headphones out before you buy them but unless your in the music industry, that is a hard task to accomplish. I just know that I love deep, smooth sounds!
Thank you for your input! 

Nov 10, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #7 of 19
Have you tried the Sony MDR-XB60 or 90? Before today I was convinced they were the perfect fit for what I had been looking for. But I have read some mixed reviews on the bass. It seems the Sennheiser IE80 are the best overall headphones as far as quality goes for price

Nov 10, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #8 of 19
Sorry, I haven't tried the Sony's one. Also, you could look for Monster turbine copper pro. Never heard them, but as I understand they have a good amount of bass.

I can tell you about IE80s. They are warm, and as bassy as it can gets without being overwhelming in my oppinion. You can actualy feel bass and kicks and not only hear them (but they are still IEMs). If I compare them to the XB500 (although one are full sized, and other IEMs), the Sennheiser's are a bit more bright, but still warm (it is difficult to be darker than the XB500), amazing soundstage for IEMs, much more detailed then the XB500 yet smooth and great mids. I would definatly recomend them. Ofcourse it would be best to tried them, but I know that is somewhat difficult. If you listen to the IE80 let say for an hour and then you put on the XB500, you would feel as there is something between the headphones and your ears that is muffling the sound. At least that is my experiance.

Nov 10, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #9 of 19
The turbine copper pros have reduced bass from the rest of the line. Go for turbine gold, regular, or the new beats tour, which, shunned as they may be by audiophiles, recreate ENORMOUS amounts of bass without detracting too much from the rest of the sound, as well as having wingtips to fit snugly in the ear. The Velodyne V-Pulse work as well.

Nov 10, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #10 of 19
The IEM's with the strongest bass that I know of is the Hippo VB and Future Sonic Atrio.If i remember correctly both were good in the mids and the highs too.

Nov 18, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #11 of 19
Well I have done a lot of research and have managed to narrow down my choices to two! Sennheiser ie80's and the Ultimate Ears triple fi 10's. Currently, the ie80's are on Amazon for around 300 brand new and as low as around 220 used. The tf 10's sell on Amazon brand new for around 260 and as low as 170 used.
So I have a few questions and concerns I am hoping to get some help with...
1.) Isolation - this is a question of concern for me. I really like to put my headphones in and escape from the rest of the world. I want to hear my music and nothing else. I have read that because the ie80's are vented that the isolation is lacking. I am wondering if I buy the right replacement tips, will isolation be added? And also what would you say would be good tips?
2.) Sweat - I live in Florida and do a lot of out door activities with my headphones. Being that the ie80's are vented I worry about sweat ruining them? is this also something I should be concerned about when buying replacement tips?
3.) Price - I listed the prices that I have found on Amazon and Amazon is where I want to stick with. I guess this is kind of a 2 part question. I want to know what you guys think about these headphones as far as the bang for the buck goes. Also I would like to know if anyone knows anything about how Amazon works with black Friday? Do you think I will be able to get a better deal if I wait until then? I mean, does Amazon always just drop prices on pretty much everything or is it just sort of by chance?

As I stated before...I am nothing close to rich. As a matter of fact, buying a pair of headphones anything over 200 is going to tighten my budget like skinny jeans on a fat kid after Thanksgiving! I have a couple of other pairs of headphones that I am keeping in mind just in case I would decide to sacrifice quality for cash. The iem's I have in mind would be the wooduo 2'a and the TD III's. Please feel free to share your thoughts on either of those.

Nov 18, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #12 of 19
Nov 18, 2013 at 2:43 AM Post #13 of 19
Zamorin, thank you for that.
You have actually changed things quite a but for me by directing to those links. I have known that joker was very respected by many on this site but I did not know where to find his list. So again, thank you!
I would consider myself a basshead if anything so it was really great to see that joker regards the wooduo 2'a to be some of the better basshead iem's available.
I also really like what I have read about the T-Peos H-100's. They seen like the best overall bang for the buck. My only concern is that they may be a but too much on the cold and bright side rather than the warm and smooth? As I said in my original post though, I am not an audiophile and to be honest I probably couldn't tell you the real differences between warm/smooth and cold/bright. I just know that I prefer to listen to my music at very loud levels and do not want headphones that will drive high pitch sounds into my skull.
Also, not to ignore your suggestion of the vsonic GR07 BE but with everything I have read.... I just do not believe these are the iem's I am looking for

Nov 18, 2013 at 4:06 AM Post #14 of 19
I have the H-100. I don't like it. It has a very V shaped signature and the treble gets too high and cold for me but it has deep sub bass but I don't think you will like it, anyway that's why I ordered the GR07BE. I auditioned them (GR07mk2 version) and they are far more musical and nicer bass and don't have that high treble like the H-100. I believe the bass on the BE version should be even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back