Brain-Pick- Can it be done? Cable guys help me out-->
Feb 25, 2007 at 2:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

imported_farmer_rob

100+ Head-Fier
Feb 25, 2007 at 2:28 AM Post #3 of 9
Sounds to me like it would work. Just head over to markertek and buy a 1/4" male and an RCA male. Wiring is really simple.

The RCA jack on the amp is for audio though right?

Feb 25, 2007 at 2:33 AM Post #5 of 9
I would prefer to make my own cable but its all up to you. Im a DIY kinda guy.

Feb 25, 2007 at 2:50 AM Post #6 of 9
Rob,

You've already got the cable issue resolved, but there's another. The guitar signal may be too weak for the amp. You might need some kind of guitar amp between your guitar and the amp for it to work. The TV in is meant for a line-level input up to a volt. Guitars don't put out one volt from their pickups. Try it and see.

Some of those $8 - 30 dollar 9-volt battery-powered amps one finds in guitar and music shops might do just fine.
Good luck,
tongue.gif

Feb 25, 2007 at 8:12 AM Post #9 of 9
An active DI box will convert the low-level high-impedance guitar output into a line-level signal that would feed your tube receiver properly. I use a PreSonus TUBEPre DI box to play bass guitar directly on my KRK V6 monitors. This particular DI box has both balanced and single-ended inputs and outputs so it's pretty versatile. At $100 it's a pretty good deal for the SQ that it has IMO, but there are many other cheaper DI boxes as well. Guitar Center has a pretty decent selection usually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back