Bragi The Headphone - a brief review
Jan 11, 2017 at 10:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

styler

100+ Head-Fier
received Bragi's The Headphone today and here are my initial impressions:

i use headphones mainly for the gym. had been using bose soundsport but have used some JBL everest elites too. have used many wired phones from high end shure to westone custom in ears to etymotic and more.

the bragi are pretty slick. i didn't want the dash - seems like those try to do too much. the headphone has fewer features but per reports has better sound. 

they charged quickly. i used the comply tips included and was able to get a good seal. they are rock solid at staying in my ears. i did cardio and lifted and they didn't budge, not a single slip.

sound quality is just okay. the bose sound significantly better but they aren't a true in ear and they let a lot of noise in. the bragi seal well and block out a significant amount of noise. they do have a nifty sound pass thru feature that allows you to have a conversation without taking them out of the ears. they sit flush in the ear and don't stick out much at all - unobtrusive. 

the highs are really flat. no sparkle. the bass is actually okay but definitely not a bass heavy headphone. i thought everything was a bit recessed and lacked dynamics. but on a positive note they are reasonably well balanced and mild mannered. they aren't harsh or sibilant. they aren't boomy. but they are flat...

i wore them for two hours in the gym and i one ear i felt like they were slightly uncomfortable at the end. there isn't much compression on the comply tips and for people that have narrower ear canals i could see them being uncomfortable. if you go for medium or large tips they will probably be fine. not having any cable to knock about is really great in the gym and these stay solidly in the ear. zero readjustment on my part. 

i haven't tested battery length but per bragi they charge fully in 80 minutes and play for 6 hours. unlike the dash the case doesnt charge them - that seems like a poor choice on bragi's part but if they really play for 6 hours then thats pretty good. 

probably the biggest gripe i have with these is the placement of the buttons. the buttons are on the outside face so when you press anything you are pressing the earpiece into the ear. they shoulda put the buttons on the top and bottom so that there is no movement into the ear. 

i will be keeping these, the bose sound better but these stay put and are truly wireless. not having any cable is great for gym. i would not recommend these for most other purposes, better sound can be easily had at their price. but they are slick, i think its a decent product and i bet the sound improves with later versions. 

Feb 4, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #2 of 2
after wearing for a couple weeks, i don't think the sound is a whole lot better but i'm also able to not notice their deficiencies very much. the audio passthrough for speech isn't that great. i find i need to be very close to someone to hear anything at all and its still a little hard to make out what they are saying.

on positive note, they stay put and don't move at all despite aggressive exercise. not having a cable between the two earpieces is definitely a great thing. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back