Brag :) D-515 and D-311 !!!
Feb 9, 2003 at 3:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

LamerDeluxe (tm)

500+ Head-Fier
First I was bidding on a very complete Technics SL_XPS900 set, including IR remote, that finally went for about $48, I didn't win.

But then...

First hit, Sony D-515, manual, official but different looking powersupply and dead BP2ex (yay another one
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Won the auction for $30!!!! I fell out of my chair!

About four minutes later...

Complete new in box Sony D-311, opened once, never used.
I was totally sure I wouldn't stand a chance.

Won that auction for $60!!!!

Man, I'm still recovering from the shock
eek.gif
my heart is still pounding
smily_headphones1.gif

And that after the $8 Denon DCP-100, which I still cannot believe.

EDIT: SL-XPS900 went for $48, not $80, doh.

Feb 9, 2003 at 6:12 PM Post #2 of 25
gotta.... stop.... spending.... eBay....
very_evil_smiley.gif
NO!!!!!!!!!!! mmmuuuhhhaaa!!!!!!!!! NOOooooo.........
eek.gif

Try to swear to god this is my last one of this year (and it's only February...)

Gosh Lamer, you gotta stop spending too!

Feb 9, 2003 at 6:16 PM Post #3 of 25
Cool Walkman!
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes, the combination of this forum and e-Bay is very deadly.

Soon we will have to sell our belongings, furniture, house, relatives and what not, to finance our addiction
biggrin.gif

A refrigerator? Who needs it, well not in the winter anyway
very_evil_smiley.gif
lemmesee, what's next...

Feb 9, 2003 at 9:49 PM Post #4 of 25
hey krayzie... i wnat that hs-px1000!!!
biggrin.gif

no really... where did you find that? for years i pondered "i should've gotten that px1000 instead of the jx707." really, its a really awesome unit. when you get it, post a lot of pictures!
wink.gif

cheers.

Feb 9, 2003 at 10:02 PM Post #5 of 25
Pictures of the 515 and 311 I won
smily_headphones1.gif

d-515.jpg

d-311.jpg

Feb 10, 2003 at 12:43 AM Post #6 of 25
*pouts* I got my D-311 for $60 but it's just the player...no fair
frown.gif

I wonder how I missed these...I've been checking discman auctions pretty religiously for awhile now on ebay.

Oh well, congrats on the findings!

Feb 10, 2003 at 1:01 AM Post #7 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by Rizumu
*pouts* I got my D-311 for $60 but it's just the player...no fair
frown.gif

I wonder how I missed these...I've been checking discman auctions pretty religiously for awhile now on ebay.

Oh well, congrats on the findings!

Thanks man!

Though $60 for just the player also isn't a bad deal at all. As this is a rare limited edition player, as I understand only 3000 were made. I payed more for most of the PCDPs I won.

When I saw these two pop up last week, I was already totally surprised. I didn't expect to stand even a slight chance of getting either of them. And now I have both at ridiculously low prices, I still can't believe it, I'm afraid I will wake up any time now
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 10, 2003 at 1:37 AM Post #8 of 25
Heheh, yeah I know that feeling. Although most of the times I've gotten it, I then wake up. LOL. Those dreams are evil...you get something really awesome, and then you wake up feeling really good until you realize you never had it at all.

Yeah, I'm really stoked I won that D-311 auction. I found it almost by mistake, in typing "Sony Diskman" instead of "Sony Discman" in my search. I'm just being spoiled cause yours is brand new in a box
biggrin.gif
. I probably could've won it for less, but I made the mistake of driving up the price I was so excited instead of waiting to snipe it in the first place. A newbie mistake
redface.gif

Feb 10, 2003 at 1:53 AM Post #9 of 25
Quote:

Heheh, yeah I know that feeling. Although most of the times I've gotten it, I then wake up. LOL. Those dreams are evil...you get something really awesome, and then you wake up feeling really good until you realize you never had it at all.

Exactly
biggrin.gif
That's what I'm talking about, you get this totally cool thing (sometimes something totally impossible) by sheer luck and you're totally excited about it. Then you wake up
rolleyes.gif

You look around, no cool new device there and realize it was just a very disappointing dream
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Yeah, I'm really stoked I won that D-311 auction. I found it almost by mistake, in typing "Sony Diskman" instead of "Sony Discman" in my search. I'm just being spoiled cause yours is brand new in a box
biggrin.gif
. I probably could've won it for less, but I made the mistake of driving up the price I was so excited instead of waiting to snipe it in the first place. A newbie mistake
redface.gif

Finding a misplaced or misnamed auction is the best thing
smily_headphones1.gif

I made the same mistake before of bidding high early on and driving up the price, then having to pay more than the usual price. Someone even send me an e-mail complaining that I drove up the price of something
eek.gif
Gotta learn sometime
wink.gif

Feb 10, 2003 at 2:43 AM Post #10 of 25
Just glanced at your location. This is ebay.com you won the players at, right? Not eBay Nederland?

On a side note I was just checking out eBay Deutschland and found a D-311 and D-303 each going for 1 euro!!!
eek.gif
If anyone lives in Germany, they should snag those.

Feb 10, 2003 at 2:51 AM Post #11 of 25
Quote:

Just glanced at your location. This is ebay.com you won the players at, right? Not eBay Nederland?

On a side note I was just checking out eBay Deutschland and found a D-311 and D-303 each going for 1 euro!!!
eek.gif
If anyone lives in Germany, they should snag those.

Got them from e-Bay Germany.

What a coincidence that there's another D-311 there, as I hadn't seen one before there until mine. It's in the wrong category, so that's good
wink.gif

Note that the D-303 is defective though and my experience with defective ones is that they are usually very defective, mostly impossible to repair.

Feb 10, 2003 at 3:23 AM Post #13 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by wbjia
congratulations! 515 is really charming!

Thanks!
smily_headphones1.gif
I really liked the specifications of this one.

I just realized it doesn't seem to come with a remote, though I think a D-515 should come with one. I wonder if the remote of the D-311 would work with it...

Feb 10, 2003 at 3:33 AM Post #14 of 25
Just to answer my own question:

The remote is RM-DM4L and it's used with the D-211, D-311 and D-515. So it will work
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 10, 2003 at 3:35 AM Post #15 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by LamerDeluxe (tm)
Thanks!
smily_headphones1.gif
I really liked the specifications of this one.

I just realized it doesn't seem to come with a remote, though I think a D-515 should come with one. I wonder if the remote of the D-311 would work with it...

hehe, do you want an 303? U know where it is!

and don't fight with me on XPS900 in the future, ...you know where... there is one without remote, i want to collect it for it is really portable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back