BQEYZ BQ3
Jan 6, 2020 at 12:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Solar1971

100+ Head-Fier
Hey you guys.
Does anyone own these?
If so, could someone give impressions please?
Not a professional reviewer, just a normal person.
Preferably from planet earth. :)
Thanks.

Jan 6, 2020 at 12:52 AM Post #2 of 7
They are relaxed with recessed mids, but some top end sparkle. The treble can be described as detailed but a little thin, which makes cymbals sound a little tizzy. The overall tone is dark with really forward bass. The bass is pretty fast to my ears and doesn't seem to creep into the mids too much, but the mids are pretty recessed though fairly detailed and very smooth.

All in all a pleasant laid back sound that is never sibilant with gobs of bass but pretty recessed mids. A worthy iem if you like the sound signature.

Jan 6, 2020 at 1:22 AM Post #3 of 7
They are relaxed with recessed mids, but some top end sparkle. The treble can be described as detailed but a little thin, which makes cymbals sound a little tizzy. The overall tone is dark with really forward bass. The bass is pretty fast to my ears and doesn't seem to creep into the mids too much, but the mids are pretty recessed though fairly detailed and very smooth.

All in all a pleasant laid back sound that is never sibilant with gobs of bass but pretty recessed mids. A worthy iem if you like the sound signature.

hey thanks for the review.
Would you say they were good for EDM and or Jazz?
Have you listened to any EDM or Jazz with them?
And lastly, would you say they’re worth 55-60$ or is that too high a price for them?
thanks

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2020 at 1:42 AM Post #4 of 7
I listen to a lot of dubstep, drum and bass, and other random EDM, they really do sound great for these genres. No Jazz though sorry. As far as price, I think the going price is about right for how competent they are.

I have the Monoprice version of them for sale. PM me if interested.

Jan 6, 2020 at 2:17 AM Post #5 of 7
Awesome. I love DnB.
Is the Monoprice version different?
Thanks.

Jan 6, 2020 at 2:27 AM Post #6 of 7
The Monoprice Quintet is all black with the MP brand logo and Quintet written on them. I believe they are identical otherwise. Hard to find much info online, it is all about the BQ3.

My favorite DnB album Hold Your Colour by Pendulum sounds great despite being a little hot in the treble. Very nice bass.

Jan 6, 2020 at 5:18 AM Post #7 of 7
The Monoprice Quintet is all black with the MP brand logo and Quintet written on them. I believe they are identical otherwise. Hard to find much info online, it is all about the BQ3.

My favorite DnB album Hold Your Colour by Pendulum sounds great despite being a little hot in the treble. Very nice bass.

I see. So it’s only different in appearance. Cool. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back