Boy is it great that I have stopped buying headphones and am now buying other stuff
Jul 10, 2005 at 1:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

LTUCCI1924

Headphoneus Supremus
I have been buying headphones like crazy for the last few years and finally have stopped this insane buying and now am buying other stuff with great pleasure. I seem to have been lost in the headphone thing for a long time and forgot that there are other things to buy. LOL. I just bought a new 30" wide TV and a new TiVo DVR and a box set of DVDs plus a lot of other stuff.

Head-fi just took over me and boy did I buy lots of headphones. I am now happy with my Senn. 590 and now look at other things with the same enthusiasm that I had for headphones.

Jul 10, 2005 at 2:06 PM Post #2 of 5
I hope you will be attached to your new TV more then you are attached to all your new headphones, or your wallet will be hurting
icon10.gif

Jul 10, 2005 at 2:25 PM Post #3 of 5
Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm now happy with my headphone line-up, (amps are a different story).. and I'm selling a bunch of rare Japanese videogame stuff on ebay to raise cash for other things. I've made about $1500 so far and I have my eye on a (not to one-up you in ANY way...) shiny new 65" Toshiba widescreen proj. TV... If I can raise enough, (I'm about 1/2 way through my videogame collection purge) there's a LaCie 1TB drive I'd like too, or maybe 2 500GB drives cos they look cool stacked.

Oohhh, and I want to get a 19 or 20" LCD monitor too...

Jul 10, 2005 at 2:27 PM Post #4 of 5
Sorry to hear that you have curtailed your headphone and amp buying. You were a great source of headphones.

Jul 10, 2005 at 2:51 PM Post #5 of 5
That's evil
evil_smiley.gif

Headphones have never stopped me buying other stuff!

Recently, a friend of mine who has a slightly larger home came to see me, went into my living room which is a not-even-cat-swingable 3.5m x 4.5m, saw the 50" Plasma (which is mounted above the fireplace and is too high to see from the couch without craning my neck, so I frequently watch movies standing up) and burst out laughing, slapping his thigh. I could have been affronted, if only I didn't feel just as ridiculous every time I went into that room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back