Boxing-Fi: Head-Fi's home for discussion about the sweet science
Sep 8, 2013 at 3:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Argyris

Head-Fi's third most long-winded poster.
There have got to be some boxing fans here on Head-Fi. A search turned up a few threads about single bouts from years past, but no general thread about boxing. So I figured I'd fix that.

2013 has been an exciting year already, and it's about to get even more exciting next week with Mayweather vs. Canelo and Garcia vs Matthysse on the same PPV card. I can't wait. Plus, Pacquiao vs. Rios is on the horizon in November as well.

So how about it folks? Post up if you love the sweet science! Or will this thread go down for the count?

Sep 8, 2013 at 10:55 AM Post #2 of 3
  There have got to be some boxing fans here on Head-Fi. A search turned up a few threads about single bouts from years past, but no general thread about boxing. So I figured I'd fix that.

2013 has been an exciting year already, and it's about to get even more exciting next week with Mayweather vs. Canelo and Garcia vs Matthysse on the same PPV card. I can't wait. Plus, Pacquiao vs. Rios is on the horizon in November as well.

So how about it folks? Post up if you love the sweet science! Or will this thread go down for the count?

Hey!
   I'm a big fan of Pacquiao, and I always watch his fights...but I lost faith in him after he lost twice. I'd like to pin the blame of his losses on his political work. As you may have heard, he was elected Congressman of his home province, General Santos City. After seeing his rather tedious efforts to get the spot, I believe that this had an impact on his training and thus led to his losses.
   But now that his schedule's pretty freed up, I'm willing to bet that he might be able to rise from the ashes and beat Rios this November. Still, only God knows...
   Interestingly, the pride of the Philippines hasn't waned just yet. Nonito Donaire has also become more and more prominent in the boxing scene, and I hope that he might be able to follow in Pacquiao's footsteps. I'm proud to be Filipino, and I'll always be rooting for my motherland.

Is it me, or what I just typed too cheesy? 
biggrin.gif

Sep 8, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #3 of 3
Finally! A thread just for boxing fans 
beerchug.gif

I myself have been boxing for nearly a year now and my first amateur fight is in a couple of weeks (i need to drop from 77KG to 74KG). Nice to see some people who enjoy this sport here on Head-fi. 

I really don't like Mayweather, although his defense is admittedly one of the best i have ever seen. And i really doubt Canelo will add a loss to Mayweather's record. 

I'm more of a Pacman fan though, i love his speed and his offensive style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back