Bowie live on TV last night
Jun 16, 2002 at 3:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

zoboomofo

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm watching the tape from this A&E performance now, and its wonderful. David was very playful with the crowd, and his band really fiiled out the tunes with great harmony . I counted at least 2 each on keyboards, and guitars. The guitars were really strong, and so was the bass playing (this lass looked familiar). The new tracks have an uneasiness and excitement about them that I've not heard from Bowie in a long time. Great show! - makes me want to pick up a guitar and start playing.

Standout performance so far : Heroes.

P.S. I loved it when the 5 year old phoned in the request for Ashes to Ashes. That song was my favorite lullaby, too
biggrin.gif
. It still is, as well
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 17, 2002 at 1:12 AM Post #2 of 4
Yeah, i watched about 40 mins into it before going out. I taped it on video and also copied it to Minidisc (it was played over the airwaves). Now i just need to hack up all the tracks, dump the damn commercials and use some fade in, fade out magic
wink.gif

Jun 17, 2002 at 3:41 AM Post #4 of 4
gloco, I would love to have captured that audio broadcast onto my hard drive. Maybe I will if they encore it. I should check to see that I've got the utilities to do so
eek.gif

Another highlight of the performance: Let's Dance

jlo mein, Moby's call sounded as nervous as Romina's from Argentina LOL! I didn't know that Bowie was on the Area 2 tour until that show aired. Sadly, I didn't see Vancouver on any of his dates on tour.

On a side note, what's up with the cheesy looking head gear? You'd think that such a stylish guy would get some more glamourous phones, or some low profile earbuds. <-Sorry, I had to bitch about it. My headphone geek Id made me do it
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back