Bowers & Wilkins Px7 s2 in Blue Impressions
Aug 19, 2022 at 7:39 PM Post #31 of 63
Nah I’d contact customer support (they’re pretty responsive) and I’d say a replacement pair is in your future.
Dang, I figured it'd come to that. Luckily I'm within the return period (purchased from Best Buy) so maybe I'll return and get a new pair. Thank you!

Aug 20, 2022 at 5:34 AM Post #33 of 63
First of all: Whatever the sound quality you hear, I do not recommend BOWERS & WILKINS Px7 S2 because of the mjor bugs they have.
I have been using BOWERS & WILKINS Px7 S2 intensively for about 2 weeks. The sound of music is fantastic BUT. There is always “but”, isn’t it ? There are at least three reasons made me give them up and why I returned them twice ( the first time they had to be reset twice to turn them on) to the store. Firstly : the operation of WEAR SENSOR is absolutely unacceptable. Whatever you set it up (low-normal-high) causes that even the slightest movement of the head (up-down-left-right) turns the music off immediately !!! This also, all walks (not to mention running) these headphones with wear sensor feature turned on become useless. Even sitting comfortably in the armchair turning your head in any direction turns off the music, which makes these headphones useless. Yes, of course, this system can be completely disabled but for what it’s there for ! Secondly: Noise Canceling is also a very weak compared to other headphones at this price. For example NC in Technics EAH-A800E ,at half the price works much, much better ! Thirdly: the B&W Music application is very modest but it is ok. Unfortunately, its launch is very slow which can also be annoying. Moving on to conclusions. Perhaps B&W will be able to correct this annoying drawbacks that prevents the normal use of these headphones in a new, future software update . However, without this certainty, I will probably opted for much cheaper and certainly without these errors: The latest Sennheiser MOMENTUM 4 Wireless, SONY WH-1000XM5B ANC (already tested in "battle") or even B&O ANC Beoplay H95.
But if these bugs do not bother you, and your priority is the quality and tone of the sound, these headphones can be a great choice.
I do appreciate all the comments.

To be honest I'd much rather have non-functioning wear detection and weaker ANC than have to listen to the absolute dogsh*t that comes out of the XM5.

I will be waiting to try the PX8 and Momentum 4 before making a decision however.

Aug 20, 2022 at 10:26 AM Post #34 of 63
Alright, so a little update with this situation.

I also have a Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra. The headphones pair fine to my tablet, but the B&W music app where you can adjust EQ settings, ANC settings, etc. does NOT detect the PX7 S2 - no matter what I do. I unpaired, repaired, re-installed both the headphones and music app from scratch, completely removed from my phone, etc. They work on my tablet and sound phenomonal, but just not 100% functionality meaning the app cannot see it.

Here's the kicker...that right earcup sound issue I noted w/pop in my previous post, is NOT present on my tablet whatsoever. So that can be an issue with the connection between the PX7 S2 and my phone.

I'm going to continue looking into this. I've got 60 day return period. The PX7 S2 truly sound phenomonal but app software seems a little buggy and results vary depending on device you pair with it seems. To be continued!

Aug 20, 2022 at 10:30 AM Post #35 of 63
Alright, so a little update with this situation.

I also have a Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra. The headphones pair fine to my tablet, but the B&W music app where you can adjust EQ settings, ANC settings, etc. does NOT detect the PX7 S2 - no matter what I do. I unpaired, repaired, re-installed both the headphones and music app from scratch, completely removed from my phone, etc. They work on my tablet and sound phenomonal, but just not 100% functionality meaning the app cannot see it.

Here's the kicker...that right earcup sound issue I noted w/pop in my previous post, is NOT present on my tablet whatsoever. So that can be an issue with the connection between the PX7 S2 and my phone.

I'm going to continue looking into this. I've got 60 day return period. The PX7 S2 truly sound phenomonal but app software seems a little buggy and results vary depending on device you pair with it seems. To be continued!
Oh that’s interesting…I’m an iPhone user so I never really deal with that. I may pick up the upcoming Sennheiser momentum 4’s this week when they release for a comparison

Aug 20, 2022 at 12:30 PM Post #36 of 63
Oh that’s interesting…I’m an iPhone user so I never really deal with that. I may pick up the upcoming Sennheiser momentum 4’s this week when they release for a comparison
I currently have the Momentum 3's. I was highly considering the Momentum 4's but aside from a longer battery life, there's really nothing encouraging me to get them. Soundwise - I've heard they're near identical to the 3's. I'm 50/50 on the new design.

Let us know what you think!

Aug 20, 2022 at 12:58 PM Post #37 of 63
I currently have the Momentum 3's. I was highly considering the Momentum 4's but aside from a longer battery life, there's really nothing encouraging me to get them. Soundwise - I've heard they're near identical to the 3's. I'm 50/50 on the new design.

Let us know what you think!
I’ve heard the soundstage is wider, and they’ve made the bass tighter. Ultimately the one thing every review bangs on about is the comfort and while I adore the PX7 s2’s they can get really hot on my ears and aren’t the absolutely most comfortable things.

Aug 20, 2022 at 3:50 PM Post #38 of 63
I’ve heard the soundstage is wider, and they’ve made the bass tighter. Ultimately the one thing every review bangs on about is the comfort and while I adore the PX7 s2’s they can get really hot on my ears and aren’t the absolutely most comfortable things.
I'm still probably going to get them though...who am I kidding lol.

By the way, fixed the app issues I had earlier. I sincerely am unsure what I did that fixed it but involved wiping app cache and data, removing then reinstalling. Also used just the music app, not the Headphonese app.

So now I can go on and enjoy these. Like you, will compare against Momentum 4's.

Aug 20, 2022 at 4:13 PM Post #40 of 63
For those looking at the M4's...please post your thoughts & comparisons as soon as you've had a chance to listen. My return period for the PX7 S2s is early September. :relaxed:
I think my local Best Buy should have them in stock on Tuesday which means I will go and get them on Tuesday and have you some impressions by Tuesday night… Plus or minus a couple of days on that

Aug 21, 2022 at 2:18 AM Post #41 of 63
I'm still probably going to get them though...who am I kidding lol.

By the way, fixed the app issues I had earlier. I sincerely am unsure what I did that fixed it but involved wiping app cache and data, removing then reinstalling. Also used just the music app, not the Headphonese app.

So now I can go on and enjoy these. Like you, will compare against Momentum 4's.
The proper and dedicated app for this Headphones is JUST B&W Music app BTW.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2022 at 8:29 AM Post #43 of 63
They have to be 'on' for them to work at all. I've not let the battery run down that far, so I can't say if they work with a dead battery. However, I'm pretty sure they charge while listening.

Regarding passive isolation, it would probably be ok. I guess it would depend on how loud you like your music. :)

Aug 29, 2022 at 8:51 AM Post #44 of 63

Attachments

• B36D3D2E-0D9B-4163-9248-C0391789C0E3.jpeg
    B36D3D2E-0D9B-4163-9248-C0391789C0E3.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 2ED19E9B-F83B-4658-8E5A-7BBDAB3EE8B5.jpeg
    2ED19E9B-F83B-4658-8E5A-7BBDAB3EE8B5.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • B62B54BD-690A-4FA3-AA62-3EAF13B59DB7.jpeg
    B62B54BD-690A-4FA3-AA62-3EAF13B59DB7.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • CFDE40AE-F51C-4701-9169-466DA520CEBC.jpeg
    CFDE40AE-F51C-4701-9169-466DA520CEBC.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Aug 30, 2022 at 8:45 PM Post #45 of 63
For those looking at the M4's...please post your thoughts & comparisons as soon as you've had a chance to listen. My return period for the PX7 S2s is early September. :relaxed:
I actually have the Momentum 4 and PX7 S2. I have a write up coming in a thread I created comparing many of the popular wireless ANC headphones. I'll put the link below.

In the meantime, in short:

B&W PX7 S2 - Better design and looks better, app functions better.

Momentum 4 - Better battery life and comfort. Slightly better ANC. The mic is a little clearer for calls.

Sound quality between the two is the best you will find in the price range. I'm having a very hard time declaring a winner. Right now, I'd give the slight edge to the Momentum 4. It's a little more detailed with a slightly bigger sound stage. It's fairly neutral with a sub bass boost that goes deep. The PX7 S2 is a little warmer and has a very natural sound. It's bass is a little punchier and faster. It's treble is polite in comparison but still articulate. A very fun, musical listen.

Sennheiser and B&W both did an amazing job improving on their previous generation of headphones. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sid...-5909-m-d-mw75-and-more.958727/#post-16463739

Users who are viewing this thread

Back