Bowers & Wilkins Px7 s2 in Blue Impressions
Aug 2, 2022 at 10:33 AM Post #16 of 63
Haven’t noticed any latency, but I’m also not someone who’s going to notice micro levels of lag.
It's a specific use case - I want to plug it into a Rodecaster Pro, in order to use it as a broadcaster headphone; if there is any micro lag, you'll hear your own voice with with some "echo"/delay. I'm trying to find a good "hybrid" wireless/wired headphone that I can also use as a broadcaster headphone, but it seems a rare bread these days.
I'm assuming any other use case any small latency should be perfectly acceptable.

Aug 2, 2022 at 10:35 AM Post #17 of 63
It's a specific use case - I want to plug it into a Rodecaster Pro, in order to use it as a broadcaster headphone; if there is any micro lag, you'll hear your own voice with with some "echo"/delay. I'm trying to find a good "hybrid" wireless/wired headphone that I can also use as a broadcaster headphone, but it seems a rare bread these days.
I'm assuming any other use case any small latency should be perfectly acceptable.
I’d give it a try before you discount it. Not that I’d have much experience using this type of headphone as a broadcast headphone but B&W claims it’s got no latency, or very little.

Aug 6, 2022 at 5:12 AM Post #18 of 63
Really loving mine, tried going back to the Px7 and it’s just not feasible, these are completely different and a league above. Flicked between the H95’s and these through the week as well, it’s tough as they’re both great but I think these edge them out, at a significantly cheaper price. These take the crown from the H95’s as my favourite wireless cans.

Interesting to see where they go with the Px8!

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2022 at 7:02 AM Post #19 of 63
Really loving mine, tried going back to the Px7 and it’s just not feasible, these are completely different and a league above. Flicked between the H95’s and these through the week as well, it’s tough as they’re both great but I think these edge them out, at a significantly cheaper price. These take the crown from the H95’s as my favourite wireless cans.

Interesting to see where they go with the Px8!
I’m honestly not sure what they do to improve, unless it include something involving like spatial audio or a completely new design

Aug 13, 2022 at 3:43 AM Post #20 of 63
First of all: Whatever the sound quality you hear, I do not recommend BOWERS & WILKINS Px7 S2 because of the mjor bugs they have.
I have been using BOWERS & WILKINS Px7 S2 intensively for about 2 weeks. The sound of music is fantastic BUT. There is always “but”, isn’t it ? There are at least three reasons made me give them up and why I returned them twice ( the first time they had to be reset twice to turn them on) to the store. Firstly : the operation of WEAR SENSOR is absolutely unacceptable. Whatever you set it up (low-normal-high) causes that even the slightest movement of the head (up-down-left-right) turns the music off immediately !!! This also, all walks (not to mention running) these headphones with wear sensor feature turned on become useless. Even sitting comfortably in the armchair turning your head in any direction turns off the music, which makes these headphones useless. Yes, of course, this system can be completely disabled but for what it’s there for ! Secondly: Noise Canceling is also a very weak compared to other headphones at this price. For example NC in Technics EAH-A800E ,at half the price works much, much better ! Thirdly: the B&W Music application is very modest but it is ok. Unfortunately, its launch is very slow which can also be annoying. Moving on to conclusions. Perhaps B&W will be able to correct this annoying drawbacks that prevents the normal use of these headphones in a new, future software update . However, without this certainty, I will probably opted for much cheaper and certainly without these errors: The latest Sennheiser MOMENTUM 4 Wireless, SONY WH-1000XM5B ANC (already tested in "battle") or even B&O ANC Beoplay H95.
But if these bugs do not bother you, and your priority is the quality and tone of the sound, these headphones can be a great choice.
I do appreciate all the comments.

Aug 13, 2022 at 4:22 AM Post #21 of 63
First of all: Whatever the sound quality you hear, I do not recommend BOWERS & WILKINS Px7 S2 because of the mjor bugs they have.
I have been using BOWERS & WILKINS Px7 S2 intensively for about 2 weeks. The sound of music is fantastic BUT. There is always “but”, isn’t it ? There are at least three reasons made me give them up and why I returned them twice ( the first time they had to be reset twice to turn them on) to the store. Firstly : the operation of WEAR SENSOR is absolutely unacceptable. Whatever you set it up (low-normal-high) causes that even the slightest movement of the head (up-down-left-right) turns the music off immediately !!! This also, all walks (not to mention running) these headphones with wear sensor feature turned on become useless. Even sitting comfortably in the armchair turning your head in any direction turns off the music, which makes these headphones useless. Yes, of course, this system can be completely disabled but for what it’s there for ! Secondly: Noise Canceling is also a very weak compared to other headphones at this price. For example NC in Technics EAH-A800E ,at half the price works much, much better ! Thirdly: the B&W Music application is very modest but it is ok. Unfortunately, its launch is very slow which can also be annoying. Moving on to conclusions. Perhaps B&W will be able to correct this annoying drawbacks that prevents the normal use of these headphones in a new, future software update . However, without this certainty, I will probably opted for much cheaper and certainly without these errors: The latest Sennheiser MOMENTUM 4 Wireless, SONY WH-1000XM5B ANC (already tested in "battle") or even B&O ANC Beoplay H95.
But if these bugs do not bother you, and your priority is the quality and tone of the sound, these headphones can be a great choice.

Do you by chance clench your jaw? I haven’t had an issue with the wear sensor but a friend who does clench their jaw a lot had the exact same issue with a wear sensor on a different pair (it’s actually how they diagnosed the issue of clenching their jaw) - may not be it but thought I’d call it out. I’ve used mine in the office, walking around etc. and they’ve been fine.

Haven’t extensively tested out the NC (just office) but does the job for me.

Aug 13, 2022 at 4:30 AM Post #22 of 63
Do you by chance clench your jaw? I haven’t had an issue with the wear sensor but a friend who does clench their jaw a lot had the exact same issue with a wear sensor on a different pair (it’s actually how they diagnosed the issue of clenching their jaw) - may not be it but thought I’d call it out. I’ve used mine in the office, walking around etc. and they’ve been fine.

Haven’t extensively tested out the NC (just office) but does the job for me.

Thanks for reply.. I must pay close attention if I clench my jaw . I hope it helps anyway.

Aug 13, 2022 at 9:06 AM Post #23 of 63
I will say from experience the PX series has never been great with the wear sensor… I wish I knew why, but it doesn’t appear like there’s a satisfactory answer… I’ve just disabled it, and gotten in the habit of just pausing my music whenever I get up. Oddly enough, I found the noise canceling to be completely adequate… But I am intrigued about the Sennheiser momentum 4, even though they do be looking ugly.

Aug 13, 2022 at 9:19 AM Post #25 of 63
""" I am intrigued about the Sennheiser momentum 4, even though they do be looking ugly.."''. That's me. Same thoughts.
Supposedly in one of the articles I read about the new Sennheiser headphones their lead designer told the news outlet that they are focus group testing showed that people wanted a more anonymous looking headphone

Aug 13, 2022 at 9:27 AM Post #26 of 63
Supposedly in one of the articles I read about the new Sennheiser headphones their lead designer told the news outlet that they are focus group testing showed that people wanted a more anonymous looking headphone
So again:) I read the same opinion somewhere. And I dont agree BTW. The latest B&W model looks just great!!!

Aug 16, 2022 at 5:28 PM Post #28 of 63
I just received the Silver S2's. Am enjoying them more than Sennheiser Momentum 3 & VModa CF2's. ANC is better than SM3's but not as good as my Sony XM3's. I only use the XM3 when ANC is a priority...was never too impressed with their sound. But the S2s sound great (never tried original PX7). However, I am concerned about the Silver (almost white) showing dirt over time. :grimacing:

Aug 19, 2022 at 6:48 PM Post #29 of 63
I finally received my blue PX7 S2's. They sound absolutely jaw-dropping, better than my Momentum 3's. However - has anyone else experienced a weird, quick "pop" in the right ear cup, followed by what sounds like a more emphasis/volume with the right ear cup? This emphasis is even more noticeable when you turn on ANC. Also seems bass is more gravitated towards the right ear cup. Super strange.

Other than that, I'm really enjoying the headphones. They sound amazing!

Aug 19, 2022 at 7:28 PM Post #30 of 63
I finally received my blue PX7 S2's. They sound absolutely jaw-dropping, better than my Momentum 3's. However - has anyone else experienced a weird, quick "pop" in the right ear cup, followed by what sounds like a more emphasis/volume with the right ear cup? This emphasis is even more noticeable when you turn on ANC. Also seems bass is more gravitated towards the right ear cup. Super strange.

Other than that, I'm really enjoying the headphones. They sound amazing!
Nah I’d contact customer support (they’re pretty responsive) and I’d say a replacement pair is in your future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back