Bowers & Wilkins P7?
Oct 20, 2014 at 9:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Nat09

New Head-Fier
Hello!
Recently I've been searching for a pair of full-sized headphones with a well balanced sound and I stumbled upon the Bowers & Wilkins P7s. I've seen a few reviews on YouTube and all of them said they were wonderful, but they never said if it was good for it's price(400 US dollars!). So I guess the question here is that are these worth the price? Also are there any other headphones similar to the P7? It's hard for me to find a good pair of cans because I listen to almost any genre of music, also need the headphones to be foldable since I'm always on the go. I had the classic Audio Technica ATH-M50s(which were superb), but I found them very bulky when wearing even if they were foldable. If there is a pair of headphones that you think might suit me do leave a reply. Thanks!

Oct 20, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #3 of 8
Ah yes I forgot to mention that the Apple stores near me does not have the P7s for demo, however I did try out the P5 2s. They have a great sound, but I didn't but buy them since they were on ear. Do the P7s sound better than the P5 series 2, or is it pretty much the same?

Oct 21, 2014 at 2:05 AM Post #6 of 8
You can also test them at Best Buy in the Home Audio/Magnolia section, away from the "lower end" (?)  Beats/Bose headphones. It took me a while to figure that out. I tested both the P5 and P7 out today, and yes the P7 are an improvement over the P5.  Sound on P7 is more open, less damp. I liked the P7, but be aware that even though they are closed black headphones, they still leak a lot of sound.

I think they're worth the money. Are there headphones just as good that are half the price? Probably. But you have the consider the material construction is very nice on the P7, individual parts are easily replaceable and B&W has a generous 2 year warranty. Also, they're pretty comfortable. 

Oct 21, 2014 at 2:23 AM Post #7 of 8
Thank you very much for your reply! I was hesitating to get the P7s because I thought there would be a pair similar with a cheaper price, but I really like the design and how portable the P7s are so I'm going to get them online.

Mar 5, 2018 at 2:48 PM Post #8 of 8
I have the P7 for years now and I am quite happy with it. The main drawback is the fit for me. It clamps a bit too much and is less comfy than velours with the leather pads. But still the SQ is very good to my ears.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back