Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless
Jul 6, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #16 of 128
Whathifi gave them a pretty good review so I'm very tempted to grab a pair. I currently have the b&o h8 but they've been giving me connectivity issues so I'm probably gonna get rid of them. Hopefully the p5s have no such issues. I'm glad to see the cable attaches to the left earcup, having it on the right like the h8 and m2 is a bit awkward to me. The only small details I'd like to know is do the 3 remote buttons still work in passive wired mode and does it have one of those annoying led lights that continually blink.

Jul 6, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #17 of 128
I just ordered a set of P5 Wireless and hope they'll arrive soon! I just wonder why do they use Bluetooth 3.0 instead of 4.0, but hopefully it's not going to cause any issues. 

From what I understand there's no real benefit with v4.0 when it comes to wireless audio so we're not missing out on anything. As long as the connection is reliable I don't care what version they use lol.

Jul 6, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #18 of 128
Whathifi gave them a pretty good review so I'm very tempted to grab a pair. I currently have the b&o h8 but they've been giving me connectivity issues so I'm probably gonna get rid of them. Hopefully the p5s have no such issues. I'm glad to see the cable attaches to the left earcup, having it on the right like the h8 and m2 is a bit awkward to me. The only small details I'd like to know is do the 3 remote buttons still work in passive wired mode and does it have one of those annoying led lights that continually blink.

Connections issues are also what leads me towards P5 Wireless even though I like the styling of H8.

Jul 6, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #19 of 128
I just got confirmation from Bowers & Wilkins and P5 Wireless should make its way here on Friday, July 10th. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 6, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #20 of 128
  Connections issues are also what leads me towards P5 Wireless even though I like the styling of H8.

Yeh everything is great about the h8 except the connection issues. I noticed the apple store has the p5 wireless in stock here in australia so i'll probably order mine from there, gonna sleep on it and maybe order them tomorrow :D

Jul 6, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #21 of 128

Yeh everything is great about the h8 except the connection issues. I noticed the apple store has the p5 wireless in stock here in australia so i'll probably order mine from there, gonna sleep on it and maybe order them tomorrow :D

I'd buy them right now but it's not sold at the Apple Stores in Istanbul right now, they sell P5 series 2 but apparently P5 Wireless hasn't been imported yet. It should be available in a week or two. If Apple Store is nearby, you could go and audition them before buying.

Jul 6, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #22 of 128
I'd buy them right now but it's not sold at the Apple Stores in Istanbul right now, they sell P5 series 2 but apparently P5 Wireless hasn't been imported yet. It should be available in a week or two. If Apple Store is nearby, you could go and audition them before buying.

Sadly I live a long way from any major city so I don't have the option of testing them out unfortunately. I demoed the p5 series 2 earlier in the year which I really liked so having a wireless version of it is very appealing. I'm assuming it can't be any worse than the h8 lol. Just ordered them from the Apple Store, should arrive tomorrow or the day after. I'll post my impressions and compare them to the h8.

Jul 8, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #23 of 128
Talk about a fast delivery, they arrived this morning and i've had a couple of hours of listening time so far. Build quality is excellent and they look great in the hand. The only thing i'm not liking is the plastic remote buttons, i find that when i go to press them my finger is naturally pressing them at an angle and the buttons do not always respond, i actually have twist my hand a bit so that its more inline with the button which feels a little awkward at the moment. I have a big head and the earcups only just manage to reach down far enough, based on how they sit on my ears they may be touch too short but they still isolate very well and comfort is very good for an on ear, they dont seem to clamp as hard as the original p5s i had either. I find them to have a mid-centric sound, vocals come across very nicely and sound quite natural and overall its a fairly neutral sounding signature it seems. So far i'm quite liking the sound and have no complaints yet, i havent tried them with the cable yet either so it might get even better!

Jul 8, 2015 at 3:18 AM Post #24 of 128
  Talk about a fast delivery, they arrived this morning and i've had a couple of hours of listening time so far. Build quality is excellent and they look great in the hand. The only thing i'm not liking is the plastic remote buttons, i find that when i go to press them my finger is naturally pressing them at an angle and the buttons do not always respond, i actually have twist my hand a bit so that its more inline with the button which feels a little awkward at the moment. I have a big head and the earcups only just manage to reach down far enough, based on how they sit on my ears they may be touch too short but they still isolate very well and comfort is very good for an on ear, they dont seem to clamp as hard as the original p5s i had either. I find them to have a mid-centric sound, vocals come across very nicely and sound quite natural and overall its a fairly neutral sounding signature it seems. So far i'm quite liking the sound and have no complaints yet, i havent tried them with the cable yet either so it might get even better!

How do they compare to H8 in terms of SQ?

Jul 8, 2015 at 7:26 AM Post #25 of 128
  How do they compare to H8 in terms of SQ?

I think they both have good sq it just depends on what kind of sound signature you prefer. The h8's have more of a V shape where as the p5's are more neutral with more of a mid range focus. The h8's have much more bass emphasis which i feel is a bit too much at times, the p5's have less bass but its much more in balance with the rest if the sound and suits my tastes better. The p5's vocals sound more forward and natural, the h8's can sound a little recessed in the mids and vocals don't always sound natural to my ears. In the treble region the h8's have more sparkle and sound more lively, the p5's sound flatter and smoother. You really cant go wrong with either one when it comes to their actual sound and i would have been happy with the h8 were it not for the connectivity issues. I'm going out later on and i'll take the p5's with me to test out their wireless performance.

Jul 8, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #26 of 128
Just took the p5's out for a walk and the connection held up better than the h8's. I found with the h8's that simply turning my head can interfere with the signal and seeing as the bt reciever is in the right earcup i have to carry my phone in my right pocket or else drop outs are quite frequent. The p5's also have the bt reciever in the right earcup and you do get the the odd bit of interference when carrying your phone in the left pocket but not as bad as the h8. With my phone in my right pocket i had no issue at all. Sadly neither of the two allow you to use the controls when used in wired mode which is a bit annoying but i honestly have a hard time picking up any major difference between wired and wireless mode so i would only use the wire if i happen to run out of battery. One little feature i have really come to like about the h8 is theres no annoying led lights when they're in wireless mode, the p5 does have a small blue led constantly lit on the bottom when in wireless mode which i'm not a fan of.
I'm currently just comparing the h8 wired vs the p5 wired and initially i'm preferring the p5, it just sounds a lot more natural and cohesive overall, the h8 colors the sound a bit too much and whatever is going on in the mids just throws the vocals off too much for my liking.

Jul 8, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #27 of 128
Pity you don't have a pair of the Sennheiser Urbanite Xl wireless to hand, as they have a sound signature somewhere in the middle between both the H8 and the P5, as you describe them. Fun side of neutral, but not as coloured as the H8 by the sound of it, with a very smooth midrange and slightly emphasised bass thump and a recessed but smooth top end that nonetheless retains a bit of upper sparkle. Urbanites are more sophisticated than the marketing message suggests. Have no significant BT connection issues when out walking - same sort of BT connection as with the P5s you describe.

Only downside I've found is the somewhat twitchy touch pad controls instead of hard buttons on the ear pads. Takes some getting used to and not as reliable as old fashioned buttons.

Joy of the Urbanites is that, while you can't use the controls on the headphones in wired mode, the functions are replicated in an in line remote and mic on the supplied cable.

I'd love to hear them against the P5s, in particular, as the P5s look so darned nice.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Jul 8, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #28 of 128
Pity you don't have a pair of the Sennheiser Urbanite Xl wireless to hand, as they have a sound signature somewhere in the middle between both the H8 and the P5, as you describe them. Fun side of neutral, but not as coloured as the H8 by the sound of it, with a very smooth midrange and slightly emphasised bass thump and a recessed but smooth top end that nonetheless retains a bit of upper sparkle. Urbanites are more sophisticated than the marketing message suggests. Have no significant BT connection issues when out walking - same sort of BT connection as with the P5s you describe.

Only downside I've found is the somewhat twitchy touch pad controls instead of hard buttons on the ear pads. Takes some getting used to and not as reliable as old fashioned buttons.

Joy of the Urbanites is that, while you can't use the controls on the headphones in wired mode, the functions are replicated in an in line remote and mic on the supplied cable.

I'd love to hear them against the P5s, in particular, as the P5s look so darned nice.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I tried the urbanites in store and immediately did not like their sound, they reminded me a lot of the mdr-1a which i did not like either due to the boomy low end dark top end. The p5's really do the mids well which is their standout feature i think and they manage to keep everything in balance as well which i cant say about the two sonys or the h8's.

Jul 8, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #29 of 128
Incoming P5 Wireless (review sample from B&W), so expect twister6 review and comparison to Momentum 2 wireless, Stance S1+, and Matrix 2.

Jul 10, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #30 of 128
Just got confirmation from B&W, P5 wireless supports BT4.0 + apt-X.  BT3.0 was a typo in their page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back