Bowers&Wilkins new flagship the P9!
Oct 1, 2016 at 6:10 AM Post #33 of 2,022
Semi-open for portable use? Does that work?

Oct 3, 2016 at 1:59 AM Post #34 of 2,022
There is a review here. Interestingly the P9 will have proprietary piston diaphragm speaker drivers. 

http://nerdtechy.com/bowers-wilkins-p9-review

Oct 3, 2016 at 2:05 AM Post #35 of 2,022
There is a review here. Interestingly the P9 will have proprietary piston diaphragm speaker drivers. 

http://nerdtechy.com/bowers-wilkins-p9-review

That's a slightly dubious 'review'. It seems to just be reworking the information from the marketing release, or in some cases repeating it verbatim. I didn't get anything from that I didn't read on the Amazon sales page.

Oct 3, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #36 of 2,022
That's a slightly dubious 'review'. It seems to just be reworking the information from the marketing release, or in some cases repeating it verbatim. I didn't get anything from that I didn't read on the Amazon sales page.

Yep, It was shockingly obvious that he was reading the marketing literature for them.

At least fake it by giving an example song played and on what device.

That can't be a real website, is it?

Oct 4, 2016 at 4:30 AM Post #37 of 2,022
http://www.whathifi.com/news/bowers-wilkins-reveals-flagship-p9-signature-headphones

WhatHiFi says the P9 is closed back design.

Oct 4, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #40 of 2,022
How does it compare to the Planar Magentic Oppos and Audezes?

Had the P7 which at that time, was great; especially with weaker sources such as mobiles. But with the Chord Mojo, the darker sound just seems ponderous and muddy. Auditioned the Oppo PM3 and was immediately impressed with the tightness of the sound and absolute silky smooth delivery of the mids. Closed back sound of course as I use it for travelling.

Oct 4, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #41 of 2,022
Is it usable in the office with it's poor isolation?

Oct 4, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #42 of 2,022
Just ordered mine today!!!

Oct 4, 2016 at 4:22 PM Post #43 of 2,022
I didn't see anyone link the official P9 site yet.

I've been hoping B&W would make a higher end headphone. I really like the P7, but it's too nicely built for me to wear it outside with good conscience, and at home I don't see the point of using it since I've got the HD 800. But the fidelity of the sound in the P7 is so good I'm always pleasantly surprised on the rare occasions I use them. Hopefully the P9 will be good enough to be comparable to any high end headphone. Guess it won't take too long to find out as they're already listed as in stock here in Sweden.

Oct 4, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #44 of 2,022
I have wired P7, which I need to send in for exchange. I'm wondering if I will get P7 wireless or p9 instead. Not sure if the double price is worth it. I will appreciate anyone provide more sound impression on p9. So, far from the reviews above, my personal take is that p9 is great, but no one hinted it's that much better than p7..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back