Bowers&Wilkins new flagship the P9!
Oct 7, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #106 of 2,022
First impression listening to Alexi Murdoch.

Wow. I just heard a lot of things I've never heard before in the recording.

Really sounds wonderfully musical.  Guitars, electric and acoustic, sound like what they are.

So do pianos and voices and drums.  The stage is realistic and the separation (I don't use this word lightly) is excellent.

And this is just a 16/44.1 recording.

Oct 7, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #107 of 2,022
  I'm not sure you get true sub bass with 40mm drivers. I think the bass will roll off significantly after say 50Hz, at least when amplitude is considered. I find typically if the smaller driver headphones sound really full down low, the mid bass is usually elevated with decent low bass extension, but where sub bass is concerned, our brain is apparently able to "fill in" the missing information. Not sure of course as I haven't heard the P9 yet, and I may yet buy it, but damn, at this price it is hard to go for a 40mm driver. Anyway, really looking forward to getting more impressions of the P9.

I have the Ultrasone Edition 8 which also has 40mm drivers. And the bass sounds pretty damn good on them. One problem though, with amplification they start distorting at higher volumes. 
So maybe these might even be more powerful versions of the 40mm then my Ultrasones. Which btw are made for people with tiny heads and miniature ears lol. 

Oct 7, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #108 of 2,022
First impression listening to Alexi Murdoch.

Wow. I just heard a lot of things I've never heard before in the recording.

Really sounds wonderfully musical.  Guitars, electric and acoustic, sound like what they are.

So do pianos and voices and drums.  The stage is realistic and the separation (I don't use this word lightly) is excellent.

And this is just a 16/44.1 recording.

How is the isolation? Do they block outside sound?

Oct 7, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #109 of 2,022
They would be a little bit interesting if the isolation is good.And a upgrade over the sines in terms of sound.But i guess they would be an sidegrade.Do they have the bowers and wilkins sound signature? I dont think their speakers are the best for rock/metal/electronica.I have the 683 s2 speakers.They sound good.But lacks a little bass and punch :grinning:

Oct 7, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #118 of 2,022
Are they a good allround headphone? For all kind of music? Do you think the isolation is good enough for portable.Use in a car,train,ect?  And last,do you think they are wort the price? Stupid question i guess,but my audeze sines and focal elear was also expensive,but i thought they had good value for the money :)

Oct 8, 2016 at 4:44 AM Post #120 of 2,022
Ive been looking for a great sounding headphone with good isolation.the sines are good for outside use,so i can hear traffic and stuff.And the elears for home use when im alone.But need an headphone with good sound,and that also blocks out noise.Going to use it special in my wifes car.i dont have license,so she drives while im listening to music on headphones.But she plays music on the cars stereo on a little high volume.So needs to block out her music as well as the cars sound.It doesnt have to be dead silent.But good enough so i can listening to music.I have tried the bose qc35.But i want better sound that noise cancelling headphones have.And i dont like iems.Do you guys wo have the p9 think it would suite my needs? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back