Bowers and Wilkins C5 2 Sound Issue
Oct 10, 2016 at 7:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

seanerin72

New Head-Fier
Hello folks,

Wondering if you can help me. For the last four or five years I have been in love with the BW C5 earphones. Frankly, it has been a love/hate relationship. The sound that comes from these things (notably the bass) is sensational. Yet, I am on my 4th pair. I have had the latest C5s since the second generation came out (almost two years). Now, the sound level is considerably lower maybe 50% lower. I have cleaned them yet still the sound is very weak. Any ideas as to why that may be?

Also, if they are dead, can you recommend another IEM that has similar if not better bass reproduction. I love hard hitting bass. I am willing to go a bit over $200 for the right IEM. Thank you.

Sean 

Dec 22, 2016 at 3:35 AM Post #2 of 2
Maybe the filters are clogged up? Try cleaning them gently with a small dry brush.
Also, I haven't tried the B&W C5 v2 but was considering them, but then came a cross multiple posts of people who had some strange issues with them. Anyhow, for a new pair of earphones the KEF M200 is on sale now for $70 which is a killer deal. I picked up a paid before last month and l love them. very balanced sound with some solid bass, not a basshead type of bass but more punchy, precise and not bloated at all. non-fatigue high that don't sound muted but very accurate and zero sibilance which l dig. 
I hope it helps. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back