Bought the Sennheiser HD 558 Headphones. Found them way too uncomfortable and returned them.
Dec 13, 2014 at 9:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Badd30

New Head-Fier
Title says it all. I bought the Sennheiser HD 558's and the clamp down pressure on my ears was way too much for me. I wore them for around 30 minutes and got a headache. Around an hour and I was experiencing warm spots (which I don't really mind). Can someone recommend something more comfortable? I live in East Texas so a drive to Dallas isn't too bad for me but I can't find anywhere to even try some headsets on that are in my price range. ($150 -$175) Help?

Dec 13, 2014 at 10:16 AM Post #2 of 3
sometimes best-buy have a small, home audio section section. I cant remember the exact name but its a store inside best-buy, just a little place named after a flower or something. Also, sometimes guitar center carries good quality headphones and might have some for trial. Personally i'm a fan of everything akg, I've never found them very clamping but as they have lacking bass,(in most peoples opinion), they may not be for you as sennheisers, in my experience, are a bit darker. those might be worth a go if you want to try some out. my entry level k240 mkiis are extremely comfortable on my protruding ears, and cause no irritation on my head whatsoever. I've had them for a lonnnnng time now so i can speak for their survivability. a while back i also had a pair of krk kns 8400's (which were stolen) which sounded and felt FANTASTIC, especially for a closed back headphone, so you might want to give those a go

Dec 13, 2014 at 10:25 AM Post #3 of 3
As a fellow HD 558 owner, I can say that the clamping force does lighten up after a week or so. It was a little too tight for me at first too but after a week they loosened up and disappear on my head

Users who are viewing this thread

Back