Bought the HE-560, looking at WooAudio for an amp upgrade
Jul 10, 2014 at 7:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Ronnietron

Head-Fier
Hi all,

Before purchasing the HE-560 headphone I auditioned it with the WooAudio WA6 in a shop in Singapore. I loved the realistic sound and openness that amplifier produced.

My question is, for nearly double the price, is the WA6-SE a big step up in performance compared to the WA6? And does the WA6-SE have similar sonic traits compared to its younger sibling?

Thank you for your help! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 11, 2014 at 8:48 AM Post #2 of 6
Check this out: http://www.head-fi.org/t/375885/review-woo-audio-wa6-vs-wa6se-stock-units

Jul 11, 2014 at 9:27 AM Post #4 of 6
Oh yes. Though, in my opinion, and if you have no funding problems, why not just go big and buy the wa6se? Still, the wa6 is a bit of a safer purchase since you've also personally tested it. 

Jul 11, 2014 at 10:12 AM Post #5 of 6
That's true, but everyone I email for help (including WooAudio themselves) told me the sonic signature of the two amps are very similar but the SE version surpasses the WA6 in "dynamics, more effortless sound, and bigger sound [stage]". So that means if I enjoyed the WA6 so much, I will enjoy the WA6-SE even more since it's the same amplifier but with an improved PSU providing more power in terms of quantity and quality. :wink:

I am leaning toward the WA6-SE and will probably get that. Thank you for your input! It's greatly appreciated. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 11, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #6 of 6
No problem, glad to be of help! 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back