Bought bose, tour bus usage.
Feb 10, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #49 of 51
How long have you had with the ety's? They may be a bit of a shock if you arent familiar with a lean sound.
It could be the music I listen to, but I find the HF5's have great bass texture and presence for what they are; transitioning back to the GR07's was an interesting experience, because everything sounded bloaty until I learned the sound again.

Feb 10, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #50 of 51
Thanks for all the input. I got my etymotic hf5 in the mail and sof far I like them a lot. Bought foam tips and all is good. I will say they could bea bit fuller. The bass seems to be almost in existent at times. Is there a pair of iems out there that are comparable ($50-150) range that have better full sound? Klipsch?  Shute?  Eyc?  Thx again

It sounds like you would be happy with the Klipsch Image X10, which can be had for about $120 or so. It's the only bassy and full sounding IEM I've heard, and it's also the most comfortable.

Feb 10, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #51 of 51
If you're willing to go eBay, TF10's are down to $120 new, without bidding for the moment. It's probably worth a try, despite concerns of fit and such. Also has fuller sound in terms of bass and treble than Ety's. Heck, I thought they'd probably never fit but it turns out they fit best with some (ridiculous and slightly deep fitting) dual flange tips. Isolation's enough to walk around with a smartphone powering it at 3/15 of the volume bar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back