Bought bose, tour bus usage.
Jan 13, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #31 of 51

Quote:
everyone is being so helpful on here....so let me ask this....what IEM would you recommend in the 50-100 range that will do a nice job on noise isolation and still be comfortable?  in the $30-60 range?  I had a bad experience with a pair if song iem's where the rubber piece actually came off in my ear.  maybe that is another reason I am so scared of these.  I had to have a nurse get it out with a very long pair of tweezers.

OK, sounds like you have big ears...  Try to find bigger tips :p

As for IEMs around 50-100...  Phonak Perfect bass (you'll need to buy additional foam tips; pack of 3 = 20 dollars) is probably the most comfortable IEM you'll ever wear.  ThinkSound TS02 is another IEM (I haven't had any tips come off of that one) to look at as well (80-90 bucks).  For under 50, I'd highly recommend a pair of Dunu Tridents.  They are 40 dollars, comfortable, isolate well, and built to last (they also have a unique styling to them). 

Jan 14, 2012 at 5:10 AM Post #32 of 51
My suggestion is...get the x10 and buy some comply memory foam tips. You can buy them for like $120 on amazon (they are normally 300). They are small and have a very comfortable and easy fit. I have some very sensitive ears and never thought I could wear IEMs for a long period of time but after giving it just a bit of time and finding some well-fitting tips, I wear my triple fi 10s for 10-12 hours a day.

Jan 14, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #34 of 51

Quote:
If you have big ears I would suggest to buy triple.fi 10. They should provide good isolation & sq is very good for their price.

I found that funny, sorry.

For big ears, you just need big tips. Unlike other things in life, the IEM size doesn't matter.
biggrin.gif

Jan 17, 2012 at 3:17 AM Post #39 of 51
Who sells the HF5 for $65? Is that for a used one?  That is usually $100 or more. The MC5 is around $59.

Jan 17, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #42 of 51
I'm probably going to go with the comply tips...looks like there are 18 for 3 pairs of the ps series (best noise isolating) ir 22 for 5 pairs so i will go with the 5 pairs.  question for you guys...how do i know which size to get?  also, will the comply tips made for etymotic hf5 work with their mc5 (probably getting another pair of mc5's) to compliment my hf5s

Feb 7, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #44 of 51
Thanks for all the input. I got my etymotic hf5 in the mail and sof far I like them a lot. Bought foam tips and all is good. I will say they could bea bit fuller. The bass seems to be almost in existent at times. Is there a pair of iems out there that are comparable ($50-150) range that have better full sound? Klipsch?  Shute?  Eyc?  Thx again

Feb 7, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #45 of 51
There are IEMs with better bass, however they won't have the same detail as the HF5 unless they are very expensive. They also won't isolate as well.  The BA gives great detail, but is a bit weak on bass. With use the bass should get better. The MC5 has better bass, but less detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back