Bought a DBX 2231 32 band eq to eq for room for home audio. Impressions on unit tips?
Jul 15, 2019 at 5:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

JamesPTao

New Head-Fier
A friend of mine who use to run sound for gigs, FOH at the main state outside concert forum where i live and briefly in studio has been recomending i get an eq for my home audio system for a couple years.
I run a teac ud301 from computer (flak, 24 bit flak, dsd for files) into an older sony ES amp.
The sony powers my Wharfdale denton 80th anniversery bookshelf speakers (powered by a and b speaker outlets on sony).
The room cannot be arranged that well for speaker audio as it is the living room and wife is not too accomadating for my hobby. The system does not sound as well as i had hoped. Certainly not as well as my previous alesis studio 1 monitors with same amp and lower quality source and files. I think, and so does he, its because the alesis are near filed and thus bypassed many room issues as they were not far away and my wharfedale sit back and are not setup as nearfield speakers.
His solution was to eq for the room since treating the room is not feasable.
He recomended the DBX 2231 32 band EQ for my price range.
What is everyones impressions on the quality of this unit as well as any tips for setup/EQ?
Appreciate any feedback. Thanks

Jul 31, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #2 of 2
31 band EQ is pretty cool, i think the setup is parallel so they do not distort quality much. but probably shift phase a bit. Because each band is connected parallel to the signal in phase or out phase and therefore creating + - difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back