bought 4 dollar iems at salvation army
Nov 28, 2007 at 9:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

goober-george

1000+ Head-Fier
I was looking around the store and found a stack of headphones and decided to look through them. Most of them were philips, and I saw these for 4 bucks. They are very comfortable, and the loops keep them very stable. I looked them up and figured out they were worth 30 dollars, so I'm happy I bought them for $4. I'm not sure what quality my music is at, but it seems they play best with rap or hip hop. However, I have no experience with good headphones. Do you think they need to be burned in?

Philips Premium Sound Earclips - SHS8000/27 : Target

Nov 28, 2007 at 10:11 PM Post #3 of 12
These are starting to sound great now, I'm starting to listen to them with different genres. It's possible that I'm listening to different quality of music, but they sound great with jazz, classical, techno, and hip hop. Very nice tight bass as well, and every sounds pretty crisp and clear. They sound good with rock but not as good as the other genres.

Nov 28, 2007 at 10:56 PM Post #4 of 12
Nice find.
biggrin.gif

Nov 29, 2007 at 2:18 AM Post #7 of 12
hehe, someone should buy some to see how they shape up to other headphones(I see them for 20 bucks on ebay), or I'll just eventually buy some head-fi worthy headphones later. I wish I could review the headphones better, but I lack audiophile vocabulary.

Nov 29, 2007 at 2:21 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeh a little burn in wont hurt but they are fairly cheap even at $30 so dont expect too much. good buy tho nice one

burn in with 30$ iems, ha ha, thanks for the laugh !

Nov 29, 2007 at 2:24 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildsurfer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
burn in with 30$ iems, ha ha, thanks for the laugh !

its still a dynamic driver so it can still benefit from burn in more than do harm...like you i dont think it will mek a difference like i said but if it meks the dude feel betta
tongue.gif

Nov 29, 2007 at 10:43 AM Post #10 of 12
Don't you think it's better to make him realize that he just got used to the sound
?
Burn in is the last subject we should discuss about when we talk about earphones. Burn in for headphones is already a very arguable subject, so for earphones...

Nov 29, 2007 at 4:47 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildsurfer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't you think it's better to make him realize that he just got used to the sound
?
Burn in is the last subject we should discuss about when we talk about earphones. Burn in for headphones is already a very arguable subject, so for earphones...

no burn in is not arguable for headphones, its arguable with different drivers such as balanced armatures but its almost a full gone conclusion that dynamic speakers burn in and loosen up.

earphones are only debateable when they use balanced armatures because many believe they burn in even when they can be told by many pro's they dont

Nov 29, 2007 at 5:11 PM Post #12 of 12
I had a cell headset shaped like that, the "hanger" look cool but is really difficult to handle, fit, and store. Pass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back