Boston Meet?
Aug 31, 2015 at 9:38 AM Post #31 of 72
I feel like it's lack of venues. I definitely wouldn't be opposed to holding a smaller mini-meet style thing without the door prizes of the other meets I've been to.

Aug 31, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #32 of 72
I feel like it's lack of venues. I definitely wouldn't be opposed to holding a smaller mini-meet style thing without the door prizes of the other meets I've been to.

The NH one I don't think had any prizes. It had a bunch of food (which was extremely nice) but in no way would be a deal breaker. The main goal of a meet is to get like minded audio-freaks into the same room to share their headphones and experiences. And if the food was an issue everyone could pool together $5 each and we could grab a bunch of pizzas. 

Aug 31, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #33 of 72

The NH one I don't think had any prizes. It had a bunch of food (which was extremely nice) but in no way would be a deal breaker. The main goal of a meet is to get like minded audio-freaks into the same room to share their headphones and experiences. And if the food was an issue everyone could pool together $5 each and we could grab a bunch of pizzas. 

If the owners are up for it, I don't see why we couldn't get another meet up going at Fidelis. The meetup went great, room was sufficient, and there was some great gear there. The food was a great addition and I'm sure we could pool together a few bucks each for something like that. 

Would anyone be willing to contact the owners, providing that we have enough (and not too many) people for a good meetup there?

Aug 31, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #34 of 72
All,

majormajor just PM'd me about this thread - thanks!

I'll call Walter of Fidelis (we just got back from the Capital Audio Fest) and I'm sure he'd love to host another
meet at their store.

For home audio shows, we have RMAF in October, and the NY Audio Show in November
(and I think there will also be a Fall NY Meet in November, like last year?). 

So would December work for you guys for a meet at Fidelis in Nashua, NH?  I can coordinate with them...

Vinnie

Aug 31, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #35 of 72
I'm waiting in the NY meet too, Vinny, I should message Mullet and see what's up

Aug 31, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #36 of 72
  All,

I'll call Walter of Fidelis (we just got back from the Capital Audio Fest) and I'm sure he'd love to host another
meet at their store.

For home audio shows, we have RMAF in October, and the NY Audio Show in November

So would December work for you guys for a meet at Fidelis in Nashua, NH?  I can coordinate with them...

Vinnie

For me that would work perfect. Its about 2ish hours for me to drive there but it was worth it last year. 

Aug 31, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #37 of 72
  All,

meet at their store.

Vinnie

December would be awesome if that works for Fidelis.  Can't wait!

Aug 31, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #38 of 72
Whatever it takes to make it happen I can try my best to help. I'm from Mid-maine so I'm fairly far away. Despite this I really hope we can get another meet. I met some of the nicest people last time we had a meet in New Hampshire. 

Sep 1, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #39 of 72
All,

I spoke with Walter of Fidelis and he is excited to host another meet! 

Let's aim for Saturday, December 5th, 2015.  From 12pm to 5pm.

I'll post more on this later, but I just want to confirm that this will happen! 
cool.gif

Vinnie

Sep 1, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #40 of 72
  All,

I'll post more on this later, but I just want to confirm that this will happen! 
cool.gif

Vinnie

That would be PERFECT!

Sep 1, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #41 of 72
All,

I'll post more on this later, but I just want to confirm that this will happen!  :cool:

Vinnie

This will likely work for me, assuming the roads are in good shape.

Sep 1, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #42 of 72
This will likely work for me, assuming the roads are in good shape.

Last year the roads were soooo bad. It was pure ice the whole way from Maine to NH. 

Sep 1, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #43 of 72
Last year the roads were soooo bad. It was pure ice the whole way from Maine to NH. 

Yikes. I'll be coming from Boston, hopefully it'll be passable. Living through last winter in Boston really makes me wish I had four wheel drive.

I imagine we will all just have to allocate double the travel time.

Sep 2, 2015 at 7:33 AM Post #45 of 72
I went to the meet in NH last year and it was great to see all the cool people and their rigs.
I would definitely go again and bring some of my favorite things along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back