Boston Meet?
Mar 31, 2015 at 5:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 72

FranckZHou

New Head-Fier
I don't know if there is one sometime around May or June. I searched for Boston and there is nothing. Anybody who is in Boston and wants to meet? Personally I do not have some great equitsments. There is only some IEMs and one or two over ear headphones like Grado SR 325e and Beyedynamic T70p. If anyone interested please reply so we can make something happen. 
gs1000.gif

Apr 7, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #2 of 72
  I don't know if there is one sometime around May or June. I searched for Boston and there is nothing. Anybody who is in Boston and wants to meet? Personally I do not have some great equitsments. There is only some IEMs and one or two over ear headphones like Grado SR 325e and Beyedynamic T70p. If anyone interested please reply so we can make something happen. 
gs1000.gif

I'd be very interested in a Boston meet; I may not be able to bring much, but I think a Boston meet would be great. 

Apr 7, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #3 of 72
I'm in the (greater) Boston area and would be interested in meeting up with fellow audiophiles.  I also don't have much to bring to the party (HD650s, Grace Digital m920, a handful of 192/24 HDtracks FLACs to sample), but am willing to share.

I wonder if a high-end audio shop like Goodwin's or The Audio Lab, or even Ensemble in Nashua, would be willing to host/sponsor the event?

- Dave

Apr 8, 2015 at 7:52 AM Post #5 of 72
My problem is I do not have a car, therefore I think the Audio Lab is basically the only place we can go. However, I do not sure the manager of the store willing to provide a place to make this happen. I will go and talk to him sometime recently. 

Apr 9, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #6 of 72
I know they're have been meets in the past in Boston, not sure where or who organized them ( never made it to them). We can definitely make it happen. The only thing is to get a room large enough to have a meet with enough power. So we could either have the room donated or raise some money. Depends on how this all will happen. It would be awesome to get the owner of the Audio Lab behind this, that would make it really easier and awesomer overall....  

Apr 9, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #8 of 72
  I know they're have been meets in the past in Boston, not sure where or who organized them ( never made it to them). We can definitely make it happen. The only thing is to get a room large enough to have a meet with enough power. So we could either have the room donated or raise some money. Depends on how this all will happen. It would be awesome to get the owner of the Audio Lab behind this, that would make it really easier and awesomer overall....  

I agree with you, I personally have some AP tests to finish and then I will go and talk to him to see if we can make it possible at the end of May

Jun 30, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #10 of 72
I hope three months doesn't count as a resurrection -- any progress here? I'd be interested in going to a meet. I could bring my LCD-3s, EL-8s, HE-500s, and NAD VISO HP 50s in addition to my Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1.

I'd volunteer to help organize, but I'm rather new at all of this so I don't really know a lot of the protocol.

Jun 30, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #11 of 72
I'd attend as well and could bring my Grado HF2 and AKG K7XX. 

I'm planning a visit to Goodwin's soon to audition some headphones and could run the idea by them and see if they'd host. I remember the guys at Audio Lab being rather grouchy when I was there a couple years ago...

Jun 30, 2015 at 3:25 PM Post #12 of 72
  I'd attend as well and could bring my Grado HF2 and AKG K7XX. 

I'm planning a visit to Goodwin's soon to audition some headphones and could run the idea by them and see if they'd host. I remember the guys at Audio Lab being rather grouchy when I was there a couple years ago...

I think that'd be a wonderful idea. I've been dying to get to another one here in the Northeast, but haven't seen any activity up here. 

I'd bring all my gear, SR80i, SE215, SRH440, and X1. Possibly a Vali if I can get it soon.

A count of people interested in a Boston meet would be good so as to show the host that we've got a decent amount of people interested. I'm in myself.

Jul 1, 2015 at 3:29 AM Post #13 of 72
I'd be in.

Bottlehead Crack + Speedball, garage1217 Project Sunrise II (assuming it and my tubes survive the move from CA), O2, balanced AMB M3 (if I can finish troubleshooting it before the meet), I recently built a switchbox (two inputs->one output) that could be hooked up in reverse (one input->two outputs) for easy A/B comparisons.

Senn HD650, Beyer T90, Hifiman HE-400.

Jul 5, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #15 of 72
Hey guys, I dropped the ball on asking about a meet during my visit to Goodwin's, but the location as a venue would definitely work and be much better than Audio Lab or Natural Sound. It's only a few minutes off the 95. Will follow up with them at some point.

I listened to Audeze LCD-2, 3, and XC. They also had NAD Viso and Grado SR60e and 125e available. Source options were Chord Hugo or a $1,000 Sony portable DAC/amp unit. They also have hifi kit that would work. My Audeze audition was on a Simaudio Moon transport and a Hegel H160 integrated amp's headphone out. Shunyata PS8 and Defender for power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back