BOSTON - July 26th? NEW INTEREST CHECK AHOY
Apr 23, 2008 at 7:13 PM Post #16 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One last thing, I'd really recommend pushing the meet into early fall.

Not a bad idea, as setting a later date will give us plenty of time to secure everything we need. I'm cool with that.. say, September 20th?

How does everyone else feel about this?

Apr 24, 2008 at 12:11 AM Post #17 of 60
This is perfect. I was just thinking how nice it would be to have a meet somewhere where I could actually attend, and this was the first thread I saw in the meets section. Count me in for now, but something might come up. I'll try to keep that day open.

I actually just saw the past post before mine. I go to school in upstate NY, so pushing it into the fall would be bad for me. I only really have free time in the summer.

Apr 24, 2008 at 12:42 AM Post #18 of 60
September 20 is so far in advance I have no idea what my schedule will be then. But at the moment, it is free.
^_^

Apr 28, 2008 at 6:50 AM Post #20 of 60
mmmmk

Apr 28, 2008 at 9:24 PM Post #21 of 60
If it is in July, I would definitely be able to attend, since my summer internship is in Hartford. 1.5 hours of driving is nothing for head-fi.

Apr 28, 2008 at 9:58 PM Post #22 of 60
I went thru the trying to meet in Boston route and we ended up at Marlborough., which turned out to be a good thing -- as noted previously, a lot of the guys with the cool gear are bring a lot of stuff. Having parking right at the door really helps. I am up for either date, although sept is better as noted with Summer months. However I am up for a mini-city-meet, if someone can donate a space (i.e. no cost involve in renting a place). Being in the city will help the college/public transportation crowd.

Beware though, a meet is bad for the wallet... :)

Apr 29, 2008 at 11:01 PM Post #23 of 60
I'm up for a July mini meet in Boston (or around) and a full blown NE Meet in September to give the Members of the Trade amble time since CamJam for a regional meet.

Off the top of my head I can't think of anyplace to host this cheap.

ALSO, I can probably get a super good discount on a room (up to 350 people if need be!!) in MIDDLETON Massachusetts.

Check it out:

Middleton, MA, USA - Google Maps

Ultimately, we should grab what works the best for everyone, just putting it out there.

(even planners are terrible at returning phone calls!)

Alex

May 4, 2008 at 1:50 PM Post #24 of 60
I was hoping someone in Boston will have an office or a university student can borrow a conf room at school for us to do this for free!

May 14, 2008 at 10:07 PM Post #27 of 60
Well, fortunately for me (though unfortunate with respect to potential meet attendance), I got the job in Germany I've been hoping for and will be moving over there at the beginning of July... so unless someone wants to have a mini-meet or something this month or next month, I won't be able to make it.

May 16, 2008 at 2:58 AM Post #28 of 60
I live in Norwood and would like to have a mini meet if anybody in the area is interested. My wife gave me the ok.
tongue.gif

I'm thinking sooner rather than later, May 24th or 25th or the 31st or the 1st? What do you guys think? Very informal. I'll get a few folding tables. If there is need for more room my basement is pretty much empty so we could add as many tables as needed, the house is only a few years old so the cellar is clean. I'm located a couple of miles off RT-128/95S/93N/1 gotta love the way they name roads up here.
rolleyes.gif
So let me know what you think and we'll get something going.

ADDED NEW THREAD

Later
James

May 16, 2008 at 12:24 PM Post #29 of 60
sweet James.

count me in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back