Boston is apparently run by idiots...
Feb 1, 2007 at 7:51 PM Post #2 of 84
I live in boston and I didn't even hear about it till today
tongue.gif

Feb 1, 2007 at 8:06 PM Post #5 of 84
Sorry, but I find it totally stupid and irresponsible for someone to illegally place electronic devices under bridges and highways - publicity stunt or not. The authorities may have overreacted but still, it was a dumb idea.

Feb 1, 2007 at 9:07 PM Post #7 of 84
Quote:

Outside, they met reporters and television cameras and launched into a nonsensical discussion of hair styles of the 1970s. “What we really want to talk about today — it’s kind of important to some people — it’s haircuts of the 1970s,” Berdovsky said.

Hahahaha, these guys rule.

Feb 1, 2007 at 9:09 PM Post #8 of 84
Lite-Brites mistaken for bombs...

Feb 1, 2007 at 9:30 PM Post #9 of 84
What is illegal about placing advertisements in subways? They're all over Manhattan's subway stations...
rolleyes.gif

The people of Boston simply over-reacted. All of the other cities were covered with these advertisements and it didn't make news until Boston rushed its special security forces in. Not a big deal, but Boston did indeed give the ATHF movie free publicity.

A bad television show you say? I have the DVDs and consider it to be a very imaginative, extremely hilarious work of postmodern comedy. Not for everybody, but that doesn't make it correct to call the marketing people at Warner idiots. It's clearly Boston's fault this mess happened, as no other city in the country had this issue.

Feb 1, 2007 at 9:40 PM Post #10 of 84
Quote:

Assistant Attorney General John Grossman called the light boards "bomb-like" devices and said that if they had been explosive they could have damaged transportation infrastructure in the city.

By that definition, my car is a bomb-like device.

Quote:

“It’s clear the intent was to get attention by causing fear and unrest that there was a bomb in that location,” Assistant Attorney General John Grossman said at their arraignment.

Uhh, wow. That's quite a stretch just to get the guys charged for a "placing a hoax device" felony.

What these guys did would be, at worst, trespassing and littering. Boston, for some odd reason, is treating them like terrorists.

Feb 1, 2007 at 9:41 PM Post #11 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A bad television show you say? I have the DVDs and consider it to be a very imaginative, extremely hilarious work of postmodern comedy. Not for everybody, but that doesn't make it correct to call the marketing people at Warner idiots. It's clearly Boston's fault this mess happened, as no other city in the country had this issue.

Hmm, I suppose I must reconsider, the show is hilarious, thanks for showing me the light
rolleyes.gif

Did whoever conjured up this brilliant advertising campaign notify any city officials about this before slapping them all over the city? Aren't there rules/regulations/permits of any kind one must adhere to? If they did this properly, then you can call the city of Boston idiots, and I'd agree.

Feb 1, 2007 at 9:49 PM Post #12 of 84
A battery and wires and light bulbs. Pretty freakin’ sinister. I think things with batteries and wires are the most popular gifts at Christmas time. Dude. Your whole house is full of wires and light bulbs. Just reprehensible. You might want to call in the Boston bomb squad, or at least remove those sinister batteries from your smoke alarms.

Feb 1, 2007 at 9:55 PM Post #13 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by zotjen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, but I find it totally stupid and irresponsible for someone to illegally place electronic devices under bridges and highways - publicity stunt or not. The authorities may have overreacted but still, it was a dumb idea.

x2 on who the stupid and irresponsible ones are. I'm surprised their press conference even aired and is on You Tube. They looked like grown up 15 year olds with their cavalier attitude of costing tax payers money in prosecution fees.

Feb 1, 2007 at 9:57 PM Post #14 of 84
Feb 1, 2007 at 10:35 PM Post #15 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by zotjen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Agreed. I think both sides are at fault.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back