Boston Head-Fi Meet Sunday, Dec. 21st, 2003
Dec 4, 2003 at 9:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

DanG

Headphoneus Supremus
There seemed to be very little interest in the last Boston meet thread I posted. If people just didn't get around to posting or didn't know their plans yet, please post if you're interested in such a meet on December 21st, 2003.

If there are still very few people interested, I could host a small meet at my house (maybe 4-8 people) and could put up one or two younger guys without the funds for a hotel at my place. There will be eats and drinks (dry and wet) either way if this happens.

Alternatively, you can send me a PM or an e-mail (dan_gross_2001[at]buacademy.org) if you're interested but don't want to post to the thread for some reason.

Thanks, and I hope to hear from some more people!

Dec 7, 2003 at 2:58 AM Post #2 of 11
Remain interested. Ditto, was surprised at the lack of responses, when the initial thread was fairly long and active. Still myself and possibly my gf to attend, with the minimal list of equip to offer: E2, E5, and a Headsave Tempo.

Today, I snagged a Sony D-101 on EBay so will hopefully have it in time.

I also picked up a M-Audio Sonica (plan to mod with black gate caps) and have been testing with my laptop, amp, and earphones. Can bring this as well.

Dave

Dec 7, 2003 at 7:58 PM Post #3 of 11
Sounds great! Right now that makes about three guests, and hopefully a few more can attend.

I'm leaning toward the 21st of December at the moment. This would allow the other member who's expressed interest to attend and would avoid difficulties with the period between Christmas and the new year, as well as lowering (slightly) the chances of a snowstorm like this weekend's (ouch!!! so much shoveling...
frown.gif
). People should be getting out of college finals and we'll have two weeks to prepare.

Bringing an excessive amount of gear is not really necessary. I've got a nice high-end CD player as well as a lower-end changer (Denon DCM-370) and a lower-end DVD player (Toshiba) on top of my PC (with Guillemot Hercules GTXP) and my portable CD player (Sony D-EJ01). I've got two decent pairs of interconnect cables (DH Labs BL-1 and Air Matrix) and a big power strip (Monster HTS-2000).

It's all about meeting new people and seeing some old faces. That's why I really hope to be able to see rickcr42 (currently MIA, it seems), Lextek, and some other folks! Please post, and Jacobh, I'd like to hear from you too! Can you still host, and how many would you be willing and able to accomodate?

Again, e-mailing or PMing me would be fine as well, I've already gotten one private expression of interest via e-mail.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dan

Dec 14, 2003 at 2:49 AM Post #4 of 11
I would be interested in such a meet. I'll get back from college to Brookline on the 16th. I'm a newbie, been lurking much and posting very little for some time, and have never been to a meet.

Dec 18, 2003 at 1:41 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by lextek
Dan I wish I could join in . Holiday time is tough.

Agreed!
frown.gif

Bittersweet.

Dec 19, 2003 at 12:57 AM Post #7 of 11
I would attend if it were here. There are no meets here in Las Vegas.

It would be nice to hear what the attendees have to say about the differences in sound quality between all of your sources. Hopefully all will get to compare them and maybe even some that they bring. Hopefully, you all will give post-meet impressions here later.
280smile.gif

Dec 25, 2003 at 4:42 PM Post #8 of 11
Did the Boston meet happen? If so, I hope a good time was had by all. I'm a complete newbie who lives near Portland, ME and am very interested in attending any future Boston events. I got bit by the headphone bug this week and just barely joined this site. I've got a thread under the "Amps" section entitled:
HELP! Corda vs Perreaux vs. Xcan vs. PPA

and would greatly appreciate any feedback from some of the locals! Also, are there any shops in the Boston area that cater to can users?

Thanks,

Dino

Jan 8, 2004 at 3:22 AM Post #9 of 11
Been travelling a lot in the last month, so I missed this too.

WRT the question on headphone friendly Boston area stores, AudioLab in Harvard Sq and Used Sound in Davis Sq usually have something interesting. If you're a stock broker and drive a Ferrari (or can lie your way through pretending to), you could wangle an audition out at Goodwin's High End in Waltham. Also AudioCubes (www.audiocubes.com) who import/sell uber-cool Japanese gear including all the megabuck Stax and Sony headphones have an office in Medford. They don't really have a store there, but I've stopped by because I know someone who works there to check out some of the gear.

Oh well, waiting patiently for the next Boston area meet. These cold winter nights are giving me ample time to work on my long shelved Stax OTL headphone amp!

-P

Jan 9, 2004 at 2:03 AM Post #10 of 11
I don't think this meet even occurred, unless a few of the folks that are better acquainted got together informally…. I heard nada.

I hope there is another at some point soon. I seem to be acquiring enough equipment as of late to have a mini-me-meet; scary thought….

Dave

Jan 10, 2004 at 10:23 PM Post #11 of 11
Hey all, I've got to apologize... I just arrived in Israel on Friday afternoon and was very busy planning before that. I'm going to be here for more than a year and so it's not just a visit, it's a temporary move. There was almost no interest in a meet in Boston, just two or three people who had PMed me saying they would probably come, and unfortunately it was all somewhat forgotten.

I hope you guys do get a meet together in Boston, but I don't think the Beantown has been very kind to Head-Fi meetings in the past, though there seem to be many newer members who live in the area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back