Boston Fall-time Meet
Sep 18, 2005 at 5:46 PM Post #16 of 44
I might be able to go. If I do I can bring one pair of Beyer DT880s, and a SM3v5 provided it's shipped in time.

Sep 18, 2005 at 6:04 PM Post #17 of 44
I'm a bit far away in the northwestern corner of MA but I'd like to come. Maybe December would be a better time for those of us who are coming back home from school for the holidays as I live on the North Shore and could drive from there. I don't think I could even afford the time (or gas money) at this point to drive all the way over for just a meet.

Sep 18, 2005 at 6:52 PM Post #18 of 44
Dan...With all the sheckles that you saved in the army, you should be a rich man
tongue.gif
. Where do you live, maybe I can pick you up. PM me.
I come up 91 to 291 to 90 to 495 to 20 (I think). You can pay me back with your wit!

Sep 19, 2005 at 12:01 AM Post #19 of 44
I went through the few shekels I had left over pretty fast... we don't get paid very well in the IDF! Oh, the wonders of being a volunteer in a military of conscripts...

Williamstown is probably about 30-45 minutes from 91 if I'm not mistaken. Rte.2, which runs right through campus, meets up with 91 at some point.

In any case, that's a very generous offer so I'll look into it. The biggest problem is really the time commitment -- it depends on how much work I'll have. I intentionally took on a relatively light course load this semester but after two years of just a few military weapons classes studying price and allocation theory, etc. is a bit much.

Sep 19, 2005 at 12:33 AM Post #20 of 44
you volunteered in the idf? wow, my respect for you has just tripled, at least (and i held noting against you before
wink.gif
)

Sep 19, 2005 at 2:19 PM Post #21 of 44
I'd love to come to another meet. The first weekend of November would be perfect for me. I'll save the gear list for the actual meet thread, since I'll probably have a bunch of different stuff by then
rs1smile.gif

Sep 19, 2005 at 2:25 PM Post #22 of 44
Bring it on! We need to figure out what amp the HF-1 is most happy on
orphsmile.gif
Start of November sounds good to me.

Sep 19, 2005 at 6:13 PM Post #24 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icy006
Bring it on! We need to figure out what amp the HF-1 is most happy on
orphsmile.gif
Start of November sounds good to me.

Well hopefully I'll have the full contingent of DIY amps there this time. My stepped attenuators *bling* just showed up today for my M3 and Millett so now I can finally finish those two. My PPA is just a bag of parts and Ian's still gets very angry at me when I try to turn the bloody thing on so we're not sure exactly what is going to happen with that thing
frown.gif

Here's to hoping that I get my but in gear and get the final bits and pieces ordered that I need to finish this stuff up and actually get it cased and running in time to do some shakedown before the meet rolls around.

N

Sep 20, 2005 at 9:01 PM Post #26 of 44
Im game again, Only this time i have more stuff to bring
wink.gif

EDIT: Oh yeah im bringing more friends this time too

Sep 21, 2005 at 4:59 AM Post #27 of 44
Unfortunately/fortunately I have tickets to Audioslave in Atlantic City,NJ that friday night...although last time Lisa and I made the trip after seeing a band the night before! She'll be in Boston...perhaps she will go it alone?!?

Looks like there is plenty of interest for you guys...enjoy and I will see most of you in April for the NYC meet.

Sep 21, 2005 at 6:45 PM Post #28 of 44
I've been looking for an excuse to get into New England soon, we want to do some DSP stuff and there are some guys up there I want to talk to. I'd love to couple that with a meet. So, FWIW, I'd love to attend an early Nov meet.

Please let me know if there are any particular things you guy would like to hear on the headphone side as I'll just otherwise bring the usual suspects. Personally, I'm hoping we can get our hands on some of the new AKG and Beyer stuff. If we do, I'll certainly bring them.

Sep 21, 2005 at 7:19 PM Post #29 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Salt Peanuts
Nate,

I hope your M3 will be complete and make an appearance at the meet. Also, is that PPA v2.0 you're building?

The M3 is mostly complete, other than not being in its final home or having the SA built. So it's currently running off a TREAD instead of the STEPS that I have built for it and just has an Alps pot but it'll be 100% functioning at the meet. And yes, its a PPA V2 that I've got in the works. I have the parts on the way to either fix Ian's amp or get mine built it's just a matter of finding enough time.
biggrin.gif

You'd think, as a guy who currently doens't have a vehicle (other than the MC) that I'd be home a lot, but somehow that just isn't happening. I'll attempt to kick myself in the arse and get going soon.

Nate

Sep 21, 2005 at 8:34 PM Post #30 of 44
Gang,

I just got off the phone with the catering manager at the RP and the 5th is booked solid. The 6th, which is a Sunday, is wide open.

Can the folks that responded make it on the 6th, say 1:00 to 7:00 p.m. If so, we'll get the ball rolling wih the official signup thread.

Tyl - awesome news dude; be great to see you again. I'm sure you'll get some special requests in addition to "bring it all!"

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back