Boston Fall Meet - Sunday November 6th
Oct 27, 2005 at 1:40 PM Post #46 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels
Looks like I am in,for sure, I got my flight booked. I will bring all the amps & hopefully plenty of HORNNNEEEETTTTTSSSSS, so you can check them out.

Excellent. It'll be good to see you and your amps again
smily_headphones1.gif

I was about to send you paypal payment for my hornet and batteries, but if I can do cash and carry and save the shipping and paypal fees, that'd be great.

Oct 27, 2005 at 3:00 PM Post #47 of 94
I will be there again, this time with 3-4 college buds that I've gotten hooked on this stuff.

See ya there

Oct 27, 2005 at 11:45 PM Post #48 of 94
Things are shaping up rather nicely and I'm really looking forward to seeing you all again. Enjoy, and remember to contribute generously, if you can.

With regard to available Hornets, it is our good fortune to be holding a meet at the same time the Hornets are ready to ship and thus getting a first hand look and listen. However, try to keep in mind that Ray has a list of confirmed buyers from some time ago (ah hem), before his official post, and then there is the unofficial-that-became-official-and-then-unofficial-again signup thread, plus additional inquiries. Without typing too much more, I'll just state that public availability-related questions could possibly be putting our honored guest on the spot, whether you are on the short list or not. PM is your friend.

I submitted the final piece of paperwork to the Hotel today; we are good to go.

Dave

P.S. Power strips and HD extension cords: bring'm if ya got'm

Oct 28, 2005 at 7:02 AM Post #49 of 94
I will be there, but I can't stay for the whole 6 hours, hopefully 1/2 of that if I am really persuasive that day. Can't wait to hear a Hornet!!!

I'll bring;

amp
Headsave Go-Vibe V3b

Headphone
Senn HD580

Mike in Hopkinton, MA

Oct 28, 2005 at 12:25 PM Post #50 of 94
Hey guys-
Looking forward to the meet in a big way... I was pretty disappointed to have missed the last Boston meet.

Regarding gear, I was initially planning on pretty much stuffing the trunk of my car, but much of it is redundant, so I am rethinking this plan. I'll post a short list below of what I have and what I may bring. I do think I will bring my 650s, since they are cabled with Equinox, and it looks like we have another with stock and another with Zu... so sice to have some variety within the Senn camp.

I'm also thinking that I may focus mainly on taking some pics, and shooting the **** with many of you. Of course I want to listen to some of the gear, but this time around that may be secondary. I've only met a few of your before, and have spoken to some of you on the phone as well. It's nice to see a decent contingent from NH as well!

So if it has an asterisk, I'm planning to bring it. If someone really wants something else brought, I can accomodate, but there is also no point in having too much duplicate gear for the sake of having gear:

Senn 650s/Equinox*
AKG 701* (if they arrive in time)
Grado HF-1
Grado SR225
Senn 570
Senn PX100

Mapletree Ear Purist HD (see footnote**)
PPA/diamond buffer/ladder attenuator/silver wiring/637-627
Scary Millett on plywood/BG 'N' coupled/Sola linear PSU
META42/AD744s running off the comp pins/quad buffers/dual linear psu
mint cmoy built by F.A.Schmidt in Germany (TI chip)

NAD c541i with OPA627s, recapped and damped
Zen Micro/WMA@192

**Ear footnote: I know that Dave recently acquired essentially the same amp, so I was going to leave this home. Lloyd build Dave's, I built mine. I believe the only diff is that I wired mine with silver and spaghetti. But I'm wondering what tubes Dave will bring... maybe I could bring something different for comparison, so as to avoid rolling tubes on location. I have some JAN GE 5751, Sylvania 5751, Sovtek 12AX7, EH 12AX7, nos GE 12AX7.

Similarly for the Millett, I have some RCA, Sylvania, and Tung-Sol 12AE6a tubes. The amp has mostly Muse caps with Panasonic polypros, nonpolar BG 'N' coupling caps, runs at 28 volts, and has 0.98mA plate loading. Bias is at ~17.5 volts.

I will also bring some heavy extension cords, power strips, etc, and a digital camera. And a non-race-prepped, but nevertheless robust Saab 9-3 Aero with tweaked BSR software, custom intake, downpipe and exhaust
tongue.gif
. And a fire extinguisher, just in case. Who knows how many candles Ray will have on his cake? I suppose Tyll could always help Ray blow out the fire.
wink.gif

Oct 28, 2005 at 3:18 PM Post #51 of 94
I just started getting back into listening now that I have more free time, and have started going back to Head-Fi after a number of years. I, being a (very) poor college student don't have a car at the moment, but would love to attend the meet. I can probably find a car to use, but if I can't, I was wondering if it were possible for someone to give me a ride from either Lowell, or anywhere the T goes; I have a pair of Grado HP-1's with the reference cable I could bring with me, among other lesser phones. Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 28, 2005 at 5:21 PM Post #52 of 94
Voodoochile – If you've made any other changes to your Ear+, such as PS cap upgrades, etc, I would be interested in hearing the two side by side. If they sounds more or less identical, it would make tube rolling and comparisons more interesting. I plan to bring a Cryo-tubed GE 5 star grey and a Sylvania GB. So, here's a vote to bring your Ear+.

Voyager – Welcome back. Can you post a few T locations were you can end up around noon(ish)? I suspect someone will be swooping by a given area.

Oct 28, 2005 at 11:19 PM Post #53 of 94
Hey Tyll, Are you bringing a Headroom Max (non-balanced)? Are the amps that you are bringing preproduction or production?

Thanks

Oct 28, 2005 at 11:48 PM Post #54 of 94
Hey guys, I'm still interested in attending this meet, but I was wondering if anyone will be driving from Boston. If so, please PM me.

Oct 29, 2005 at 1:57 AM Post #55 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by yblocgerg
Hey guys, I'm still interested in attending this meet, but I was wondering if anyone will be driving from Boston. If so, please PM me.

I will be driving down to Kenmore to pick up patman. We're working out the final details now, but I'll probably arrive at Kenmore around 12:30pm and then we head off to Marlborough from there. If you'd like a ride, you could meet us at Kenmore and we could go from there.

Oct 29, 2005 at 3:56 PM Post #56 of 94
Wondering if anyone has any power conditioners that aren't too much of a hassle to bring. I've been wanting to listen "blindly" too see if they affect sound that much.

I got a whole shebang of crap i can bring, hd 595s, sr125s, supermacro v1, possibly g-light if there aren't any, some custom cables, and other stuff.

Cya

-Jeff

Oct 30, 2005 at 4:48 AM Post #57 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by drp
Voyager – Welcome back. Can you post a few T locations were you can end up around noon(ish)? I suspect someone will be swooping by a given area.

Well, like I said, I can be pretty much whereever the T goes. Subway stations would probably work the best for me, but even Commuter Rail Stations would be fine. Any one that could help me would be really appreciated!
biggrin.gif

Oct 30, 2005 at 1:39 PM Post #58 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voyager
I just started getting back into listening now that I have more free time, and have started going back to Head-Fi after a number of years. I, being a (very) poor college student don't have a car at the moment, but would love to attend the meet. I can probably find a car to use, but if I can't, I was wondering if it were possible for someone to give me a ride from either Lowell, or anywhere the T goes; I have a pair of Grado HP-1's with the reference cable I could bring with me, among other lesser phones. Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

I’ve been staying in Dorchester; the commute from NH was killing me. So in any case if you still need a ride PM me on Saturday with your phone number. I could pick you up at the JFK/UMAS Red line stop. I’m thinking around 11:45 am.

Let me know.

Oct 30, 2005 at 4:29 PM Post #59 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Little J040
Wondering if anyone has any power conditioners that aren't too much of a hassle to bring. I've been wanting to listen "blindly" too see if they affect sound that much.

I got a whole shebang of crap i can bring, hd 595s, sr125s, supermacro v1, possibly g-light if there aren't any, some custom cables, and other stuff.

Cya

-Jeff

I have a couple of OneAC's conditioners that I can bring along.
I don't know if they help the sonics that much. They probably just make the AC line more component-friendly, and will help with total number of outlets.
Bob

Oct 30, 2005 at 11:54 PM Post #60 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voyager
I was wondering if it were possible for someone to give me a ride from either Lowell

I'll be coming from my apartment in chelmsford. PM me a phone number and address, and I'll pick you up. I'm guessing you're at UMass?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back