Boston/Cambridge area Westone dealer?
Jan 24, 2006 at 6:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Byrns5512

New Head-Fier
I was hoping to check out and maybe pick up a pair of UM1's, but I'd rather do so in person rather than on-line if possible. Anyone know of any dealers in the area that may carry them? If not, I will just check them out at B&H next time I am in NYC (I'm pretty sure they carry them). Thanks all!

Jan 25, 2006 at 10:02 PM Post #4 of 14
I've been to the Guitar Center by BU before, but I never really paid attention to their headphone selection, I'm sure a quick call could clear that up. Im not familiar with daddy's--what/where is that?

I am heading to new york tomorrow, so I will probably stop by B&H. Ill keep the thread going, however, for the benefit of fellow Bostonians/Canterbridgians :)

Jan 25, 2006 at 11:28 PM Post #8 of 14
Thanks for the info powderhound--I don't think anyone would be able to answer better than you :wink:

That seems like a comprehensive list, nabwong, as to my knowledge. I usually order on the internet, though I did buy my px200's from Audio Lab. That seems to be the best place for phones--he carries Grado, Koss, Senn, and some AKG. I've actually seen decent ones at the Apple Store Cambridgeside (ety's, Senns) though, as usual, only Bose for trial. Cambridge Soundworks carries some Koss and Grado (maybe Senn?) but not too much.

Thanks again, Ill let you know how the trip to b&h goes

Jan 25, 2006 at 11:45 PM Post #9 of 14
yeah, it's hard to find 'phones here. I got my portaPros from Cambridge Soundworks, and they carry lower end Senns and Grados as well as the Koss and Creative lines. Prices are normal too, sometimes I buy there to save shipping, or have an easier way to return the 'phones if I don't like them.

Apr 21, 2006 at 1:20 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by nabwong
Daddy's opposite Berkeley on Mass Ave.

what line (subway) is closet to Daddy's music and whats the stop?

oh and what stop is microcenter closest to?

Apr 21, 2006 at 2:31 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh
what line (subway) is closet to Daddy's music and whats the stop?

oh and what stop is microcenter closest to?

Daddy's closest to Hynes Convention center, B line.

Microcenter is a long walk from any T station ( central sq - red line ) or BU west on the B line. I think the closest bus is 64.

From daddy's, take number 1 to central sq, then transfer to 64.

To go to spearit, take the B line from hynes, stop at BU west. From spearit sound, take 64 from BU bridge. ( Actually, today's a really nice day, walk from spearit sound. Cross the BU bridge to cambridge and then walk along the charles river.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back