Boston Acoustics Owners, Unite!
Apr 5, 2007 at 6:00 PM Post #16 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt_Carter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMO, they're Bose done better.

Now there's your basic "damning by faint praise".
blink.gif

Apr 5, 2007 at 6:12 PM Post #17 of 50
Man, I haven't owned Bostons in years (other than the Pro10s I had in the trunk of my car).

I was the proud owner of the speaker that made Boston Acoustics, the venerable A40. What a great speaker for $150 a pair. They would still stand up to most budget mini monitors, I would venture to say.

Apr 5, 2007 at 6:16 PM Post #18 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt_Carter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Despite there slightly plasticy signature. Yes, Boston Acoustics are quite impressive speakers.

IMO, they're Bose done better.

If you're talking about Boston Acoustics's plastic computer speakers, then yes, that's understandable.
tongue.gif

Apr 5, 2007 at 6:20 PM Post #19 of 50
I'm really, really interested to hear BA's new flagship speaker, the E100... I don't think they've ever made a speaker with as many drivers.

6091_3.JPG

E100.jpg

The MSRP is $2,500 each, plus the stands (which cost extra), bringing the total cost for a pair to over $5,000... Whew.

Six 5-1/4" woofers, two 5-1/4" midranges, 1 tweeter in the front, 1 switchable tweeter in the back.

The first picture is from a recent eBay auction where the pair + stands were being sold for $2,700 plus shipping. Wish I had the money!

Apr 5, 2007 at 6:24 PM Post #20 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Solitary1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man, I haven't owned Bostons in years (other than the Pro10s I had in the trunk of my car).

I was the proud owner of the speaker that made Boston Acoustics, the venerable A40. What a great speaker for $150 a pair. They would still stand up to most budget mini monitors, I would venture to say.

Apparently they do, because the A series routinely fetches over $100/pair on eBay (depending on the model).
icon10.gif

Apr 6, 2007 at 8:32 PM Post #21 of 50
FYI-

Woot.com has BA CR65 bookshelf speakers on sale for $150 today.

If you're not familiar with woot.com, it's a "one deal, one day" website, so if you visit the site after today (4/6/7) don't expect to find them. Order up to three of whatever they've got that day, shipping is always $5 no matter what the item is or how many you order.

I've ordered several things from them and always been satisfied. Sometimes the shipping is a bit slow, but usually the deals are so good that the slight delay is worth it.

Apr 10, 2007 at 1:33 AM Post #23 of 50
My primary are BA A150s, which were free via craigslist. Can't believe how much I lucked out on that deal. I too have access to a pair of A40s (used in the kitchen), and agree that they are an excellent bookshelf.

Apr 10, 2007 at 8:28 PM Post #25 of 50
I own a BA635 2.1 computer speaker system way back from 1998. Got it with my first comp, a Gateway G6-350 system :p I love em still, though since replaced, they had tight bass, and just sounded great. They are in storage to be used when i need spare speakers.. I would never give them away for free.. they sound too good :p

BTW, first time poster, glad to be here ^_^

Apr 10, 2007 at 9:22 PM Post #26 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by happyangryhappy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Although not home speakers, I have 2 pairs of boston acoustics pro60's in my car and love them. They sound fantastic.

Heck yeah! I have pro60s. They're beautiful. If only I could get them angled properly. Stupid door panels. I also have some 6x9's in the back, don't remember the model number.

Apr 11, 2007 at 5:03 AM Post #28 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by OptionTrader /img/forum/go_quote.gif
(2) VR-M60 (front)
(2) VR-M50 (rear)
(2) VR-MX (side-surround)
(1) VR-MC (center)
(1) PV-1000 Subwoofer

Sweet... That's the whole VR-M bookshelf reference series! I imagine it's very tonally-matched. I'm using VR-M60s as my main speakers with an integrated amplifier, and they perform very well despite the lack of a subwoofer.

Have you heard the VR-M90s? I'm interested to hear how they compare to the VR-M60s.

Jun 5, 2007 at 1:22 AM Post #30 of 50
I still like my circa-1989 BA T830's. They have a very neutral sound with solid bass response. They are reasonably efficient also. The look is kinda dated though, but then again so am I.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back