Boston Acoustics Owners, Unite!
Mar 29, 2007 at 6:52 PM Post #2 of 50
Love my old HD8's... Sitting in my dining room providing jus' fine ambient music when eating dinner. Probably wouldn't do much more with them (they'll end up in my basement workroom when I get new living room floorstanders and move my old floorstanders into the dining room). But I like the way they sound. Not honest, but understated.
plainface.gif

J

Mar 29, 2007 at 7:36 PM Post #4 of 50
I believe I used to have some HD8s and I was quite happy with them for a few years, until I bought some Paradigm Mini Monitors. The Mini Monitors had a lot more detail, but the HD8s were a good value.

Mar 29, 2007 at 8:33 PM Post #5 of 50
I had the Boston Acoustics CR-8 and it was one of the best bookshelf speakers I've ever heard. I compared it to the NHT SuperOne and Paradigm Mini-Monitor, both of which I've owed, and the Boston sounded the best to me. Don't know why I sold the Boston speakers.
rolleyes.gif

Mar 30, 2007 at 5:36 PM Post #6 of 50
I have their CR series bookshelfs and center channel set up at home, and a pair of 6.5 speakers in the car. Love the Boston Acoustics!

Apr 3, 2007 at 3:38 AM Post #10 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, a lot of CR series owners. What were your reasons for choosing your particular CR instead of something else?

In the late 90s, the main competitors to the Boston Acoustics CR8 were the NHT SuperOnes and the Paradigm Mini-Monitors. Since I owned all three sets of speakers, I was able to do some in-home comparisons between the brands. The NHT was great at imaging, but not much bass. The Paradigm had too much bass, despite being placed at 12 inches from the walls, for my room. The Boston strikes a fine balance between the three. I love the look of the speakers as well, especially with those metal grills.

Apr 3, 2007 at 4:49 AM Post #11 of 50
I have been using the CR75 bookshelfs for my mains for a few years now and I love these speakers.Great sound for the money.Since I just bought a pair of Athena ASF2 floorstanders(which should arrive any day now)to use as my mains,the Bostons are going to become the rear speakers in my surround setup.Boston Acoustics makes great speakers.

Apr 5, 2007 at 8:22 AM Post #13 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are there any VR or Lynnfield series owners out there in Head-Fi-Land?

I never owned them, but the VR 20s, and VR 30s were exceptional speakers for the money especially when mated with warm electronics. They also had an elegant beauty to them, which made them fit perfectly into a home theater.
I remember a couple of stores having price wars with each other. It was Boston Acoustics VR series vs. Polk Audio LS series, and discounts were huge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back