Boss On-Ear, Sony MDRXB700, or Sennheiser HD555
Dec 25, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #2 of 10
I highly recommend Sony XB700 if you like bass songs. I'm a basshead and i love my XB500 and the Super Comfy earpads. if you like clarity in your music choose Sennheisers.

Dec 25, 2009 at 10:47 PM Post #3 of 10
Well I know a lot of people are going to go against the Bose brand because of their price to performance ratio (which is horrible IMO) and the wieird sound signature (for certain types of music).

What type of music are you going to be listening to? I had the Senn. 555s and loved them for their open design and comfort. If you're gonna be watching movies and playing games then the Senns are amazing. They have a huge soundstage so open, airy genres like acoustics and classical music are going to sound amazing on them; plus they are easy to drive and can be used with virtually anything.

Give us some more info
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh and what's your budget?

Dec 26, 2009 at 1:25 AM Post #4 of 10
Thanks a lot for your opinion on XB 700 and Senn 555. It's very helpful.

I can't say that I am a basshead....but I prefer the bass to be strong and clear...And I also like the mids and highs not to be overwhelmed by the bass.

As to the music, I mainly listen to rocks and pops...occasionally some classicals.

I know that bose on-ear is not popular here...overpriced...sound is poor...However I like its portability as well as its comfort.

XB 700 should have better sound than on-ear...but it is HUGE....I definitely wouldn't take it out.

I am not too sure about Senn 555. How is its bass compared to XB 700?....and how about the overall sound quality?

Does on-ear sound so bad that I shouldn't buy it even if I like its portability and comfort quite a lot?

Dec 26, 2009 at 1:41 AM Post #5 of 10
Or should I buy one XB700 for home use and one senn 555/on-ear for taking out?

I am not considering amps and other high-end stuff...will consider them later on with more experience in this area...for now just want something to get started...iTouch and laptop are my main sources of sound.

Dec 26, 2009 at 3:04 PM Post #7 of 10
If you think that XB700 is too big for you, you can try XB500. Both have the same sound. Sony XB's are not that good on rock music and even classical. XB stands for Extra Bass which means that this cans are capable of BOOMING bass like rap songs and electro music. Senn 555 is open headphones which means this cans are good on classical music or if you like clarity in your music. IMO senn are not capable of producing deep bass bcoz they're open cans. But they do have big sound stage. Don't buy Bose on-ear for portability. There are more better choices like Klipsch - Image S4 and I think it is half the price. You can check it out at best buy. and btw what is your buget?

Dec 26, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by cddc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know that bose on-ear is not popular here...overpriced...sound is poor...However I like its portability as well as its comfort.

XB 700 should have better sound than on-ear...but it is HUGE....I definitely wouldn't take it out.

I am not too sure about Senn 555. How is its bass compared to XB 700?....and how about the overall sound quality?

Does on-ear sound so bad that I shouldn't buy it even if I like its portability and comfort quite a lot?

I have one set of Bose on ear - and for on the road it is just fine. A lot better than the apple ears
wink.gif
I also have phones that are better, but not for on the road thank you. I would get nervous about damage or worse, and thus unable to enjoy them. And the fit is perfect for me, plus I can also use it for telephone. (Jays are okay in that respect also if you like in-ears better).

Dec 26, 2009 at 6:56 PM Post #10 of 10
i wouldnt make bose as one of the options if i were you

i would go with sennheiser. the new HD650 is quite amazing.
my sennheiser is working great. though not as much bass as sony but im happy with the performance.
happy01

Users who are viewing this thread

Back