Bose!
Jun 19, 2007 at 6:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 77

Morph201

Headphoneus Supremus
Since I am without headphones for a couple of days,and I NEED to hear music, I broke down and purchased a pair of Bose Triports with the intention of returning for a FULL refund by friday, BUT WOW! YOU GUYS ARE WAAAAY TOO HARD ON BOSE! This things tear it up!! They're at least a cut above HD600s!! The bass is very defined and thumpin', and that's with on 10 hours burn in!!!

Jun 19, 2007 at 6:31 PM Post #2 of 77
Why didn't you just get some KSC75s? They are about ten times better than Triports. :p

Jun 19, 2007 at 6:32 PM Post #3 of 77
I hear Team Ilikeeverydamthang! is easy to please ::wink wink::

Jun 19, 2007 at 6:33 PM Post #4 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since I am without headphones for a couple of days,and I NEED to hear music, I broke down and purchased a pair of Bose Triports with the intention of returning for a FULL refund by friday, BUT WOW! YOU GUYS ARE WAAAAY TOO HARD ON BOSE! This things tear it up!! They're at least a cut above HD600s!! The bass is very defined and thumpin', and that's with on 10 hours burn in!!!

IMO, I don't think the "bashing" has as much to do with the sound signature of the Triports as does the complaint of Bose being "overpriced".

I didn't think the Triports were bad when I tested them, but I couldn't warrant the then $149 price.

Jun 19, 2007 at 6:40 PM Post #5 of 77
Quote:

They're at least a cut above HD600s!!

I hope you are joking but judging from your tone it dosen't sound like it.

Jun 19, 2007 at 6:42 PM Post #7 of 77
I know I'm putting my reputation on the line by saying this, but they are extremely fast! The transients are so smooth, the HF isnt clear, as of yet, but I expect that to change for the better with another 20 hours of burn!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 19, 2007 at 6:45 PM Post #8 of 77
Quote:

I know I'm putting my reputation on the line by saying this, but they are extremely fast! The transients are so smooth, the HF isnt clear, as of yet, but I expect that to change for the better with another 20 hours of burn!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

So... you've listened to voice with these headphones?

Jun 19, 2007 at 6:45 PM Post #9 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalManCPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMO, I don't think the "bashing" has as much to do with the sound signature of the Triports as does the complaint of Bose being "overpriced".

I didn't think the Triports were bad when I tested them, but I couldn't warrant the then $149 price.

The more sensible people here seem to be the ones that actually articulate that the problem with BOSE headphones is that they're overpriced for their performance. The rest of the mindless BOSE-bashers just trash these headphones as if they don't even produce any sound, saying that they sound 10 times worse than the KSC75, etc. It seems like a lot of people think it's "hip" to bash on BOSE here and make ridiculous claims about their sound quality. I've heard a pair of BOSE TriPorts and they are NOWHERE near as bad as these anti-BOSE fanboys make them out to be. They're overpriced and I'd rather buy an SA1000, but they certainly don't sound like crap.

Jun 19, 2007 at 6:46 PM Post #10 of 77
Quote:

very_evil_smiley.gif

Morphie.....what reputation?!?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 19, 2007 at 6:52 PM Post #12 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by Assorted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So... you've listened to voice with these headphones?

I listened to the GYPSY FLAMENCO (Carlos Heredia) SACD and the handclapping is full and rich. You can hear them bouncing off the wall of St. Peters Church. The voices are not close mike. They sound as if they were a couple of meters away, but they resolve clearly.

The guitar on this SACD is full of transients. The lines are crystal-clear, not blurry or ill-defined. This recording tests transients, dynamics and and the TriPorts are pulling through!!! Amazing!!!

Jun 19, 2007 at 7:08 PM Post #15 of 77
yeah.... right...

I heard those too..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back