Bose Triport Torture and 24
Jan 11, 2005 at 7:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

redshifter

High Fidelity Gentility• redrum....I mean redshifter• Pee-pee. Hoo-hoo.• I ♥ Garfield
last night on the t.v. show "24" a man got tortured--they made him wear bose triports for a half-hour! anyone else catch this?

Jan 11, 2005 at 7:55 PM Post #2 of 19
Really? Hmmm . . maybe the guy being tortured was a head-fier.

Jan 11, 2005 at 9:12 PM Post #3 of 19
Yes, I caught that also but was too lazy to post. Well, I guess when United States intelligence agencies need to get some information, all they need to do is slap a pair of Triports on someone's head.
biggrin.gif

Jan 11, 2005 at 9:21 PM Post #4 of 19
Ughh. The mere thought horrifies me. They also used headphones as a form of torture in the first "Guinea Pig" movie out of Japan. I can't imagine the pain.

Jan 11, 2005 at 10:09 PM Post #5 of 19
You mean it was the triports themselves torturing him, or the sounds coming through them? (just for my sanity)

Jan 11, 2005 at 11:41 PM Post #6 of 19
I'm curious, but what do you think they were playing through those headphones? Maybe some Yanni, ripped at a really low bitrate with a lot of errors?

I remember Billy Wilder's last film, 1,2,3 with James Cagney. In it, Horst Bucholtz (who played a young communist in Berlin just after the wall went up) is tortured by being forced to listen to a recording of "Yellow Polka Dot Bikini." Of course, that was a comedy. Though if they remake the movie, they will probably use triports (or maybe apple stock earbuds).

Jan 12, 2005 at 2:32 AM Post #7 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032
You mean it was the triports themselves torturing him, or the sounds coming through them? (just for my sanity)

hard to tell, but i think they were sending unpleasent electronic noise into his ears to disorient him. moby, possibly.

Jan 12, 2005 at 5:29 PM Post #8 of 19
Yeah, I caught that. I'm a big "24" fan, I've seen every episode of all four seasons (so far), and have the first three seasons on DVD. The point of the torture using the Bose headphones was sensory deprivation. It is supposed to disorient the person being tortured and make them lose track of time and reality in general. I've heard it can be quite effective, but I doubt it could do much in the way of getting results after 1/2 hour. Maybe several days, but as we all know, on "24" several days would be several seasons. Maybe using the Bose cans as part of the torture process accelerated things
biggrin.gif

-Keith

Jan 12, 2005 at 8:05 PM Post #9 of 19
I was in Circuit City the other day and their listening stations all used Bose Triports. OMG I threw the phones back they were horrible.

Jan 12, 2005 at 8:37 PM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mith
I was in Circuit City the other day and their listening stations all used Bose Triports. OMG I threw the phones back they were horrible.

I heard the gov gives the stores money for this bose setup/demo, only cause the people who listen to it have less chance of reproducing afterwards...something with the sounds they play.

its highly used in inner cities and urban areas...and saved chicago alot of money on their wic and link programs to..

Jan 13, 2005 at 2:19 AM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by KR...
I rather have extreme testicle torture than have to listen to even my favorite music on a freaking Bose Tripot!

well then you're going to need one of these:
ballcrusher3003tw.jpg

eek.gif

Jan 13, 2005 at 3:10 PM Post #14 of 19
Hmm, how did you know where to find those, Redshifter?

Jan 13, 2005 at 8:56 PM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbang
Hmm, how did you know where to find those, Redshifter?

i googled them!

my digital camera is out of batteries so i couldn't model mine.
eek.gif
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back