Bose Tri Port IE a Review
Nov 12, 2006 at 10:15 PM Post #31 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by gbx2006
Hello.

Thanks for the great review.

I just picked up a pair of these yesterday, and I very happy with the sound quality so far, but I am waiting for the break in to remove some of that dark sound.

One negative comment I have is they seem to cut in and out when hooked up to my iPod shuffle, and I have the volume cranked up. Then again, you could look at this as an iPod shuffle problem.

When hooked up to my PC, they do not do this. I think it might have something to do with the fact that they are not isolating, and the volume level needs to be at a higher level then isolating headphones. The iPod shuffle can not handle the sound increase.

I have one question to anyone who has owned a pair of Shure E4C. How do these Bose IE compair to the E4C's?

I want to buy some E4C's for myself, but I live in an area where the only place I can by them is online, so returning them would not be an easy task.

Thanks,
Mike

sound cutting in and out sounds more like an issue with the contact points in the shuffle and the mini connector. over time if a lot of strain is placed on the jack the contact points wear out and eventually lose the spring. one this happens when you shift the connectora little the now flat contact pin in the jack disconnects with the plug within.

Nov 12, 2006 at 10:28 PM Post #32 of 34
here I am now listening to the bose ie and having some very nice break in done.

whats Ive noticed so far. I pruposely do not listen to these buds for long periods of time while burn in is happening so I try to limit the impressions from accomodation rather than actual physical driver break in, if and when the sound changes.

these are inefficient for sure because the ipod buds can get a lot louder than the bose at the same volume level on the nano. Its not just an issue of sound leakage. I frmly believe it has to do with impedence as a main culprite.

have I noticed anything new with these buds? not really aside from that at times they can sound very pleasant and sometimes too dark. these are the darkest headphone/earbuds I have ever listened too.

upper tier fq like female volcals and electric guitars are still a bit flat in terms of imaging not eq and resolution but mids and bass are smooth and musical.

these still get my foot tapping, so im going to be keeping these. my nano has enough power to drive them to comfortable listening levels for me and they are very comfortable. I however have to use the included case with these, as Ive already had the tips fall off more than one occasion, the case makes sure the tips dont slide off. there is nothing hold the tips aside from friction, which imo is not very smart as the tips are elastic and hold very little to no grip. Its just enough friction to keep them on when removing them from your ear, but if say a tip were to snag on something theyd slide off most definately.

in regards to sound, nothing new to comment on, sound stage still very impressive for ear buds, and they sound like headphones more than they do ear buds.

they are incredibly comfortable and light so there will be no physical ear fatigue.

Nov 12, 2006 at 11:45 PM Post #34 of 34
Do the IE's sound anything like triports? If so I'll definitley skip on purchasing these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back