Bose to cut 10% of staff == -1000 jobs
Jan 20, 2009 at 11:06 PM Post #3 of 61
Every time I see somebody with Bose I vomit in my mouth a little bit, then spit it on the person wearing them.

Jan 20, 2009 at 11:09 PM Post #4 of 61
...they already cut 20% of their sound.

Jan 20, 2009 at 11:12 PM Post #5 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lornecherry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...they already cut 20% of their sound.

They had sound to cut?

Jan 20, 2009 at 11:14 PM Post #6 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Every time I see somebody with Bose I vomit in my mouth a little bit, then spit it on the person wearing them.

That is really harsh. Bose don't sound good for their price range, but they are by no means worth hating that much. Plus it doesn't make sense to actually dislike people who don't know better. Come to think of it, it doesn't make sense to dislike people because they don't have nice headphones.

Jan 20, 2009 at 11:14 PM Post #7 of 61
I hope they cut their marketing staff so the company dies.

Skullcandy too.

Jan 20, 2009 at 11:43 PM Post #9 of 61
haha u'll be having alot of compassion with the world then... over half a million losses their job in the US? Its like history repeats it self somewhat... Over the 2 previous spell of Republic reign the status of US unemployment rises, and improves dramatically when the Democrats comes on.

Anyway i hope BOSE fires their stupid accountants/headphone designers, i doubt it most likely just jobs relating to assemble workers...

I like how the BOSE looks, if all headphones looks like that and as comfortable as that :p

Jan 21, 2009 at 12:01 AM Post #10 of 61
I can't believe that they had 10,000 employees to begin with. Bose is much bigger than I thought. But I guess since they are global...anyways, sux that those folks are loosing their job. Sux anyone has to loose their job. I definitely picked a bad time to try to find a new job to replace my current job.

Jan 21, 2009 at 12:18 AM Post #11 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by ArmAndHammer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't believe that they had 10,000 employees to begin with.

x2

I also would never had thought Bose's sales were around $2 billion a year.

Jan 21, 2009 at 12:57 AM Post #13 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsaavedra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bose Corp. to cut 1,000 jobs — 10 percent of staff (AP) by AP: Yahoo! Tech

And yet unbelievably:The company has an estimated $2 billion a year in sales.

Wow, thats $200k in sales per year per employee.

If they have just a 5% net net at the end of the year on that $2 billion that's still $100,000,000 in the bank. Not bad, but apparently not good either!

I hate to hear about more job cuts.

Jan 21, 2009 at 1:14 AM Post #15 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is really harsh. Bose don't sound good for their price range, but they are by no means worth hating that much. Plus it doesn't make sense to actually dislike people who don't know better. Come to think of it, it doesn't make sense to dislike people because they don't have nice headphones.

Kidding, kidding, heh. Though, my dad tried to buy my mom some for her birthday, and I told him I'd disown him as a father if he did.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back