Bose SoundTrue Ultra IEM?
Mar 22, 2016 at 7:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

EYEdROP

500+ Head-Fier
Ive looked around the forum for reviews on these IEM's but didnt come up with much. I have found plenty of non-audiophile reviews around the web, but Im looking for a more detailed description of the sonic signature of these...

The design is fundamentally different from the Bose IE2. The SoundTrue Ultra uses traditional passive noise isolation with tips that seal on the ear canal. The older IE2 has no noise isolation, and the QC20 is essentially the same design as the IE2, but with active noise cancelling included. The new SoundTrue ultra is the first passive noise isolating IEM that Bose has released. 

Has anybody heard them yet?  

And for the love of god, dont turn this into a bose bashing thread. I dont want to hear comments like "you can get sennheiser headphones that sound better for less". This isnt a recommendation thread. Just looking for impressions...

Mar 22, 2016 at 9:55 PM Post #2 of 4
I bought a pair several weeks ago. The tips are very comfortable and I could get a pretty good seal. I had a pair of soundsport and the tips were very uncomfortable to me. The new silicon tips are very soft.

My daughter likes the clarity and the soundstage of Puro iem500. Bose gives a warm feeling and the base is in there.
Can't comment on the high frequency due my hearing issue.

Not really fond of the new cable design. The t joint is very susceptible to damage in the storage case.

Using it with an iPhone 6s, I need to crank up the volume. Puro needs a higher volume setting to have the same level of enjoyment.

I have a sendiy m2 and xduoo xq-10 coming in two weeks. Will see how they would stack up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back