Bose QuietComfort Earbuds II - Impressions Thread
Oct 4, 2022 at 2:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

The1Signature

1000+ Head-Fier
Dear Head-fiers,

Bose dropped its new TWS IEM flagship - the QuietComfort Earbuds II.

webimage-placeholder_dimensions.png

They claim:

Pure bliss is in Quiet Mode when you silence background noise with the world’s best noise cancellation.

I am more than happy with my Sony WF-1000XM4. However, I will try the Bose, too.

First reviews are already on the way:

Let's enjoy a fruitful conversation while keeping in mind the Head-Fi Posting Guidelines.

Oct 5, 2022 at 10:43 AM Post #2 of 16
Just picked up a pair of these today, and I've only been playing with them for an hour or so but first impressions so far are great!

My soon to be passed down to the GF previous set were Sony WF-1000XM3 which I was always happy with, but thought I'd give the Bose a try based on the reviews of the ANC. Wow! The ANC on these is sooo much better than the Sony's. It really is a step up in the amount of noise they block out. I did try the XM4's a month or so ago and to be honest I didn't think there was a big enough difference to justify the cost but I'll definitely be keeping these. Even just inserting them without music playing you can hear everything just get quiet as the ANC kicks in. Perfect for my flight next week.

It took me a while to get a good fit with the Sony's and ended up using Comply foam tips but obviously the foams tips always wear out. With the silicone tips they would always work loose over time.
The silicone tips with the Bose seem pretty good so far, I had to switch to the large based on the fit test but so far so good. They seem secure enough with the fins that were fitted not sure I'll need to bother with the larger ones. I'll be testing them further tonight while exercising.

Only slight issue I've had so far is the left bud has cut out a couple of times and the touch input has lagged a little a couple of times, but it's just done a firmware update so I'll see if that has improved matters.

All in all I'm supper happy with them right now.

Oct 5, 2022 at 11:21 AM Post #3 of 16
It took me a while to get a good fit with the Sony's and ended up using Comply foam tips but obviously the foams tips always wear out. With the silicone tips they would always work loose over time.
i have to agree, as many other xm4 users. i ended up with final audio type e and this was my game changer in terms of ANC level + comfort + bass.

Oct 6, 2022 at 7:39 AM Post #5 of 16
A couple more thoughts on these.....
(I'm no audiophile so don't expect anything too technical from me!)

Positives
1. After a couple of EQ tweaks I love how these sound musically. Bass is good without being too overpowering and they're also really clear at the top end without sounding harsh. They're great for picking out individual instruments, I was listening to a few accoustic R.E.M. tracks and Jean-Michel Jarre Revolutions (don't judge me!) as well as a few rock tracks.
2. Going back to my initial post, the ANC is freaking awesome! I love it, it really does muffle noises around you even without anything playing. Get some music going as well and it's perfect. I can't believe I used to think the XM3's were good!
3. I've worn them for a few hours and the comfort seems fine. No discomfort yet they feel really snug and secure.

Negatives
1. I knew this before buying them based on the YouTube reviews above, but the buds aren't silent. There is a slight hiss/background noise that reminds me of tape noise from back in the day. The noise is more prominent when using transparent mode, it's much much quieter/muffled when ANC is on. If you just have them in yours ears with nothing playing you will hear this noise but I don't think it's too intrusive.
If you're listening to music that has quiet parts you may hear this and it may be enough to put you off these buds. If you listen to podcasts you will definitely hear this noise. It's not too bad to put me off but if you are considering buying these be very aware of this.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2022 at 6:48 AM Post #7 of 16
A couple more thoughts on these.....
...There is a slight hiss/background noise that reminds me of tape noise from back in the day. The noise is more prominent when using transparent mode, it's much much quieter/muffled when ANC is on....

Thanks for your thoughts.
Regarding the slight background noise, in my case, it has only appeared after running the "Ear Tip Fit Test" !
Before that I had no noise at all (in either modes).
Perhaps BOSE should investigate this...

Oct 10, 2022 at 1:04 PM Post #8 of 16
Anyone having issues with charging/ battery drain . My right earbud lost charge very quickly and now refuses to charge…
maybe the right side is the master that gives the signal to the left one?

Feb 19, 2023 at 2:21 AM Post #11 of 16
Just picked these up today. Took some playing with equalizer to tune. Initially too warm and bassy for my taste. But I’m also coming from TW3 which are crystal clear. After some tuning I also swapped out the Bose tips. I had some Azla Max which sharpened the sound significantly. So far I’m loving this tuned sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back