Bose QuietComfort 15 on rechargeable batteries?
Apr 15, 2012 at 7:53 PM Post #16 of 21

Quote:
I've got a pair of sennheiser 280 pro, i also have a pair of in-ear shure ones, the shures blocks out pretty much all noise but hurts the ears after a while..

I am surprised there is so much bose hate on here,  they do seem a bit overpriced, however like I said, if they are good (noisecancelling wise) I don't mind spending a bit of cash on them.

To me actual sound quality is secondary.

still interested if there are any quietcomfort owners on here at all, I've tried googling to find an answer before even posting on here but couldn't find any solid information..

That's the thing for the most part this forum is all about sound quality first and getting our monies worth hence all the Bose and also Beats hate here.  If your main priority in getting a headphone is how good it can block out noise then defiantly go with the Bose QC15 as It has really impressive noise cancellation in the lower frequency from 40hz-800hz that passive and even other NC won't block out as well or at all once you get to low in frequency in the case of passive headphones like the HD 280 which stops blocking at around 180hz.  Not as impressive in the higher frequencies above 1000hz but still provides good isolation.  Its bested by iem like the Etymotic which completely seal the ear canal and provide maximum noise isolation at all frequencies.
graphCompare.php

Apr 15, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #17 of 21

Quote:
hey
thanks for the replies

I don't minding spending a bit of money on a pair of headphones if they are good.

Generally I heard very good things about the quietcomfort 15, people mostly complain about the price..

Anyway, I do plan to use them at work where I am sitting in a room full of computers, so noisecancelling will be important to me. I already have a few sennheisers etc.

I'm interested in hearing from quietcomfort owners who use them with rechargable batteries, I need to make sure that will work for me to buy them

thanks

I think for 98% of people the b&w p5 is better, they sound better, look and feel much nicer and they still have very good outside isolations without the batteries, the bose are best if you are travel alot via plane but for everyday use the p5s isolation and with music playing you are not really going too hear anything anyway. they have the p5 at alot of best buys but they are in the back by the home theater systems and I have only seen one best buy with them out too listen too(best buy at 14th street nyc)

Apr 15, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #18 of 21
You can listen to the P5 at any Apple store too. Soon those might just be more common than Best Buys...

Quote:
I think for 98% of people the b&w p5 is better, they sound better, look and feel much nicer and they still have very good outside isolations without the batteries, the bose are best if you are travel alot via plane but for everyday use the p5s isolation and with music playing you are not really going too hear anything anyway. they have the p5 at alot of best buys but they are in the back by the home theater systems and I have only seen one best buy with them out too listen too(best buy at 14th street nyc)

Oct 15, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #19 of 21
Indeed it's a case of what you want them to do.
I'm certain there are pure audiophile products out there superior in performance, but that's an endless story. (Not portable or practical for travel, no noise cancellation technology).
The QC 15's I have just purchased are perfectly adequate sonically, Enough to remind me constantly I'm listening to compressed audio format MP3 @ 256kBit/s and about a trillion times better than the iPod crap doled out with my nano, designed to fit Martians or some tree dwelling reptilian lifeform in Sumatra, certainly not normal humans. Plus horrid white poncey cord, what were they thinking?
iPod available in a dozen colours, earphones any colour you want as long as it's white?

A big pair of Grado cans at over a UK grand great sonically, but you'll look as much of a prick as people who wear those deradful sounding Beats.
I have Sennheiser HD 240"s very old, impedance mismatch is huge so they sound like sh!t on an iPod. Sone cheap Nike sport things I bought at an airport.
My Monster Turbine in ears hurt like been stung repeatedly by a demented hornet after more than half an hours use, the QC's are light, comfortable and fantastic at killing all aircon noise, I sit under a 2 ton A/C unit in my office, Aero Engines roaring all day, (I work at an airport airside), I need to give my ageing ears a rest, so they are ideal for my needs.

However, my needs aren't everyones, it's a case of what do you want them to do as I said in the beginning!

Sep 28, 2013 at 2:26 PM Post #20 of 21
I have the QC 15's and use a 1.2V AA battery.  It seems to work fine.  Not sure about how long it lasts compare to a normal battery.  I know these headphones aren't audiophile worthy, but they take me to another place when I'm listening to them in a busy restaurant, etc.  I thought the QC 15's didn't sound as good as other phones but if you listen to them for several days, I swear they sound pretty darn good.  Plus, there's nothing like the isolation.  

I've also had the QC3's and could never get them to sound worthy of the price.  Also, I just got my pair of QC 15's for $170 used.  It didn't have the Apple cord though.  So, for $170, I personally feel like I'm getting my money's worth.  One more however, my new Garage1217 tube amp and ZMF Modified Fostex's should be in this week.  I may have to retract my words even though I have had some higher end headphones...problem was I wasn't pushing them with a decent amp...this was before my discovery of Head-Fi.  Thanks for spending your spare time sharing your love of great sounding music.

Nov 14, 2016 at 7:51 PM Post #21 of 21
Hi...Lots of advice about headphones and little about batteries. I just bought a pair of Bose QC 15's and am very happy with the sound. But not happy with battery life mainly because they are the first set I've had that required a battery. I am inclined to take them off and forget to turn them off. I have been using Duracell AAA's and after a bit of research I'm going to try the Duracell quantum unless someone knows of a better battery. I'm not fond of rechargeable batteries.

Thanks for any advice about batteries, I'm stickin with the QC 15's.

Ed 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back