Bose Quiet Comfort 3
Oct 20, 2008 at 5:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

lisztian420

500+ Head-Fier
Hey fellow Head-fiers,

So my girlfriend just got a Bose quiet comfort 3 from her brother as a birthday present... Well,... I had a chance to listen to them and I thought it was not bad. Of course, as many of you know that Bose is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over-priced. So,... without any idea of the cost, I listened to it through my zune without any amp... It sounded alrite,.. and I thought I wouldn't mind paying $150ish for these cans... Later on tonite, just out of curiosity I search the Bose quiet comfort 3 and wow, they are selling it for $350.............................................. .......................................

Well.... that's all and good nite!

Oct 20, 2008 at 6:51 PM Post #2 of 15
Seriously though Bose has probably the best noise canceling who knows.

Did you know BOSE is Hindu the owner Amar Bose is from India. I never knew this.

But I still prefer German Made Sennheiser over any other brand.
But BOSE is supposed to be some kinda revolutionary technology so I don't know. I certainly won't buy it but it sure looks damn sweet those QC3.

Only reason I never bought the AKG cause they are the ugliest headphones on the planet.

Oct 20, 2008 at 7:01 PM Post #3 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by john5220 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Only reason I never bought the AKG cause they are the ugliest headphones on the planet.

What on earth are you talking about, AKG makes the best looking headphones. I love the way the k271s Mk II looks, and the k701 just radiates class.

Yeah, the QC 3's sound impressive, but not when next to that price tag.

Oct 20, 2008 at 10:18 PM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by john5220 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd say the average audiophile is more of an introvert, so they wouldn't really care how it looks as it will only be them seeing it most of the time.

Oct 21, 2008 at 10:21 PM Post #7 of 15
The QC3s sound over bassy, i guess if its bass your looking for and don't like and treble/mids at all then go for it.
The quality is good but yeah i agree with everyone else, about $150 would be very reasonable, especially if you like hip-hop!

Other than that I think they're kinda disappointing.

Oct 22, 2008 at 3:15 AM Post #8 of 15
yeah~ I agree, and much of the bass is bloated and lack definition... Well, I would never spend a dollar over $150 for them. Oh yeah, and I second the notion that it's really only good for hip hop.

Oct 22, 2008 at 9:58 PM Post #10 of 15
Actually their aware of the fact their stuff is overpriced, my gf just started to work at a store for them and all the staff really really know all about this "rip-off".. :xf_mad: or what

Oct 22, 2008 at 10:33 PM Post #11 of 15
I seriously don't get why people hate Bose so much. Sure SQ wise they aren't worth it but you need to consider it has noise canceling and it is very comfortable and portable. People mainly need noise canceling for when they are commuting at a noise environment such as planes and buses and some people can not stand sticking something into their ear. Bose are perfect for businessmen.

Oct 22, 2008 at 11:03 PM Post #12 of 15
I don't think anyone neglects the fact they got good sound canceling, but it's all about the price.. they just aren't worth what they charge.. they can be up to £350 over here. spend 350 on some denons or senns and compare!

Oct 22, 2008 at 11:08 PM Post #13 of 15
I hate Bose. They ruined our Audi A4's stereo which we paid $900 extra for. It's boomy with no upper bass whatsoever, and Bose made Audi remove the hidden EQ from the head unit so we can't do anything about it.

That said, the QuietComfort II over-the-ear phones are very comfortable, their noise cancellation is excellent, and their sound signature is good for background listening while you work. I presume that the QC III has similar qualities in an on-the-ear configuration. If you need noise canceling phones to deal with repetitive, low-frequency noise, and don't want isolating IEMs, they are a good choice.

Nov 18, 2008 at 11:23 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLightOn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hate Bose.

Amen.

Jan 2, 2009 at 10:51 PM Post #15 of 15
i tried the QC3 at the apple shop. first thing i noticed, is that it is hurting my ears with those blithering NC feature. i can hear some high frequecy crap although ambient noise are reduced, its still annoying.

Ive listened to the cheaper BOSE system in Mazda 6, and wow it just sounds unnatural...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back