BOSE Quiet Comfort 3 Sound Quality
Nov 13, 2008 at 11:38 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x60million on the IEMs. Is there any reason he/she doesn't want IEMs?

Unfortunately he wanted something to be comfortable, and IEMs just doesnt seems great for him.
frown.gif
Yeah which seems BOSE have the NC ability, but its completely overpriced for the SQ, Although he doesnt mind the price as long as it SOUNDS good as in Clarity, Nice Not soo Muddy Bass, Soundstage i suppose, yes its hard because he heard my Ultrasone Pro 750s which i dont know how many times is better... He current have the PX200 and describes it having 70% of the SQ of my Ultrasone Pro 750s... How many % would the QC3 be compared to my headphones.

Also looking into Sony MDR-NC7, and JBL 510 (hehe just did a quick google search there was a comparision, it sounds crispier but BOSE still leads in NC).

Nov 17, 2008 at 1:43 PM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aw...
frown.gif
Comply tips, maybe?

No IEMS. and finally with my friend did his own research and found out that the QC3 sucks so now he is looking for something portable weighs around < 290 grams.. Closed circumaurals (well not much superaurals anyway) (he rejected the Audio Technicas ESW9 for its looks)

Nov 17, 2008 at 1:54 PM Post #19 of 23
Looks, comforts.

if these are the two keywords emphasized by your friend then Bose is best.

but i saw these at the airport and i think maybe they are a better option to consider:

23027.jpg

they are called Sony Altus...they are essentially open but with a switch they can be closed...as in not Closed headphones but the opening in them can be closed.

in a hurry rite now so cant tell much..just search for them

Nov 17, 2008 at 2:58 PM Post #20 of 23
cant believe noones put foreword the beats, maybe the only direct competitor to the qc3s

search the forums for a headphone called 'the beats'

they were introduced this year, and can be demoed at any apple store against the qc3s. I tried them the last time I went computer shopping and was very impressed (for what they are) with the SQ, comfort and build quality. They are also alot better looking, if you friend said he wants something fashion conscious. These headphones are still no match in isolation and SQ of similarly priced IEMs, but when they were introduced, they were given the head-fi stamp of 'passable' which is the best your gonna get from a noise canceling headphone around here.

If your friends not an audiophile, then send him to the apple store where he can try on the ATs, the Bose, and the Beats and can decide which he likes better.

Nov 17, 2008 at 6:51 PM Post #22 of 23
The comment you get what you pay for does apply in many cases but sometimes you find a diamond among the chaff. Keep looking and listen to these guys they know their stuff.

I'm going from IEM JVC Marshmallows to Audio Technica ath-m50s on recommendation. and after listening to some much more expensive models I came bact to the AT's because I liked the sound. It didn't hurt that they were 1/6 the price of some of the cans I was looking at

Users who are viewing this thread

Back