Bose QC30 - QuietControl 30 wireless noise canceling earphones - impressions
Nov 29, 2016 at 12:55 AM Post #46 of 75
Out of curiosity, have you made any calls using it yet? Any complains about the mic?

​Haven't been able to yet because I didn't get in until late.  I left a few voicemails for myself and didn't notice a problem yet, but not sure.

Also, it seems weird to me it cannot be on while charging, but that's a minor nitpick.
Edit:  In the Bose Connect app, it says these were manufactured October 18, 2016, which would seem to preclude any recall having took place in the last week or two.

Dec 2, 2016 at 11:55 PM Post #47 of 75
So over the past week I've had about two hours of phone calls with no issues so far on the other end.  Though I should note that these calls were all indoors.  Love the sound quality, the noise cancellation is pretty good but these are the first active noise cancellation ones I've used (though I'll admit my old Etymotic hf2 did block out sound better).  The neckband is a little more annoying than I thought it'd be.  It sits funny and rotates on my neck a bunch.

Dec 4, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #48 of 75
  So over the past week I've had about two hours of phone calls with no issues so far on the other end.  Though I should note that these calls were all indoors.  Love the sound quality, the noise cancellation is pretty good but these are the first active noise cancellation ones I've used (though I'll admit my old Etymotic hf2 did block out sound better).  The neckband is a little more annoying than I thought it'd be.  It sits funny and rotates on my neck a bunch.

I know the sound signature is quite different, but overall how how you rate the sound quality compared to the Etymotic?

Dec 8, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #49 of 75
Honestly, I'm not sure I'd be able to give the best answer to that, as I haven't used my hf2 regularly for about 3 years or so now (and I wouldn't say I have anything close to a golden ear either).  For ergonomic reasons (microphonics, feeling every step I took, etc.), I switched to the Phonak PFE122 which I found to be more comfortable and more durable after the second time I had to have Etymotic repair the hf2 under warranty.  I would say that both the Etymotics and the Phonaks have better audio quality than the Bose, but considering that the Bose is wireless I'm hugely impressed with the sound quality.  Yeah, it's a little more consumer friendly (tweaked bass, less analytical) like you mention, but overall the Bose keeps up with many wired headsets, let alone wireless ones.

Still haven't had any issue with the mic on calls, so it seems likely to me that the white dot on my box signified that they were doing extra quality checks before shipping any out.  Overall though, I'm pretty happy.  The neck band is more annoying than I thought it would be, but I get most of the noise silencing from the Etymotics, with far better in-ear comfort, in a wireless option.

Dec 9, 2016 at 6:07 AM Post #50 of 75
Still haven't had any issue with the mic on calls, so it seems likely to me that the white dot on my box signified that they were doing extra quality checks before shipping any out. 

Thanks for your useful comments ... I think I might give a hint to someone they could be a good Christmas present :)

The mic part is reassuring as well. I'm not a heavy caller but occasionally take a call or use Siri on my daily walk to and from the office, and while I could love without it given the price point it would be annoying for these things not to work properly. Thy were out of stock at Amazon UK for a while and just became available again recently, difficult to know for sure but might be that they were waiting for a new better quality controlled batch.

Jan 17, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #51 of 75
Having used these now for a month and looked at various areas, I would like to make this my first ever comment. Comfort of the Neckband, although they are comfotable and with very little weight they sit easily on the neck but they do twist, out walking and listening you do mind that the onlyu thing that stops the ear cord, but easily adjustable. Swtich are prominent enough and workk well, what is helpful is that you can skip tracks with a double touch of tghe cenytre button. Earbuds are not difficult to fit but bever seem solidly fixed but they have never fallen out. All important sound, I do like clarity that the Grado range offers, sharp in all areas, Bose never offer this but the sound is warm and good across all the generes, good mids-with nice bass and good trebble. The Noise Cancelling is good and adjuatble with the switches on the side on the In Line Control. Overall out of the six I have tried these are the best so far.

Jan 26, 2017 at 9:37 PM Post #54 of 75
yes, I spoke to a Bose representative this evening and he says it's a known problem that they are having with the QC 30s. They're currently working on fixing the issues it is not a software problem but a hardware problem. He believes the ones that he has in the store now do not have the microphone problem as of January. Any qc 30s purchased before January Will most likely have the microphone problem. Where it is picking up too much background noise very difficult to do voice dictation and have a basic conversation on the phone with someone

Feb 3, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #55 of 75
So is the lousy BT connectivity also being fixed? I'm very annoyed with mine (epescially since I didn't pick up on this until after the 14 days of free return was over) , since the BT range seems like the shortest I've ever had. My cheap ass Jaybirds have a lot better BT stabilty, but with foam tips from Comply the noice cancellation in the QC30 is a lot better than the Jaybirds, especially when I'm out in my boat (17' Quicksilver with Mercury 115 hp - the Optimax engines are not the quietest of the bunch...). If it is, is there a chance to complain about them and get another set? I bought them the moment they came to Norway, so I have an early production unit, I believe.

Feb 3, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #56 of 75
Maybe try to get Bose to replace the unit after they have a fix? I did that with the wireless soundsports and they send me a new pair without any issues.

I use my QC30 daily. The BT range is definitely not great but it's usable. Ditto with the mic's performance.

P.K.

Feb 3, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #57 of 75
I will try. I have the problem with extreme range loss: If I have them a meter from me, but stand with the wrong side towards them (the left side, I believe the BT stuff is in the right side of the neck band), I have lots of dropouts. The same if I have them in a pocket on the wrong side of my body. So that is not really acceptable for a set with this price. But I don't have any mic problems, though.

Feb 3, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #58 of 75
  So is the lousy BT connectivity also being fixed? I'm very annoyed with mine (epescially since I didn't pick up on this until after the 14 days of free return was over) , since the BT range seems like the shortest I've ever had. My cheap ass Jaybirds have a lot better BT stabilty, but with foam tips from Comply the noice cancellation in the QC30 is a lot better than the Jaybirds, especially when I'm out in my boat (17' Quicksilver with Mercury 115 hp - the Optimax engines are not the quietest of the bunch...). If it is, is there a chance to complain about them and get another set? I bought them the moment they came to Norway, so I have an early production unit, I believe.

I returned my QC30's and even though I was looking for something small, I threw in the towel and got a pair of QC35's. I found that the QC35's had far more effective ANC, much better SQ and the BT performance was excellent. Unfortunately I can't put them in my pocket. I was really hoping that the QC30's would work out, I tried to convince myself for two weeks and returned them for a swap to the 35's.

Feb 3, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #59 of 75
  I will try. I have the problem with extreme range loss: If I have them a meter from me, but stand with the wrong side towards them (the left side, I believe the BT stuff is in the right side of the neck band), I have lots of dropouts. The same if I have them in a pocket on the wrong side of my body. So that is not really acceptable for a set with this price. But I don't have any mic problems, though.

I had the same problem when my smartphone was in my left pocket, turning my head would cause a drop out.

Feb 3, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #60 of 75
Well, the 35 isn't an option for me. You can try wearing a regular headset whil pulling lobster and crayfish pots.
wink_face.gif
It will be an expensive exercise, I can tell you! Also I use them when I work around the house, and regular heatsets get caught up in everything. I like the neck band setup very much, they tend to get caught up in corners, loose nails and stuff like that a lot more seldom than my Jaybirds. So if I could only get working BT... This is some of what I got last week, btw.

Edit: Of course that came in on next page...
(image missing) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back