Bose QC25 vs Beats Studio Wireless
Apr 16, 2015 at 4:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

eliosfederico

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I've been looking around for any advice between the QC25 and Studio Wireless but I could only find old posts about the (old) Studio.
I bought these two headphones and I can't decide which will be the winner.
The bose has an AMAZING noise cancelling! While the Beats it's super easy to use because of the bluetooth funcionality, no cables around.
But here is where you experts come in, what about the audio quality? The biggest difference I noticed it's that (when hooked up to an iPhone) the Beats has a greater audio output compared to the Bose.
Anyone more experienced tried both? What are your tips?

Thanks!

Apr 16, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #3 of 15
Thanks for your answer cel, you're right, but I was looking for more detailed specs about the two models!

Well my plus points for the Beats: Bluetooth, easy controls, very high max. volume. Min points: heavy, ears gets too warm, at high volumes "T's" and "S's" gets too "intense".

And on the Bose: Amazing noise cancelling, comfy for the ears, lightweight. Min points: feels cheap, doesn't have bluetooth, max. volume much lower than Beats.

I bought these for noise cancelling during my flights and when I drive my scooter, but I also want high quality audio when I'm at home. I have a month to try these out, I will let you know my final choice :)

Apr 16, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #4 of 15
The Bose definitely are the best for noise cancelling.

Not sure if it's such a good idea to wear them on a scooter, though, and shut out all traffic noise. But that's your decision.

Apr 16, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #5 of 15
The Bose definitely are the best for noise cancelling.

Not sure if it's such a good idea to wear them on a scooter, though, and shut out all traffic noise. But that's your decision.

Mmm, I felt quite comfortable with it and with the traffic!

You say that Bose it's the best for noise cancelling. And what about the audio quality? 

Apr 16, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #6 of 15

You say that Bose it's the best for noise cancelling. And what about the audio quality? 

For the money, most head-fiers agree that there are better sound quality headphones than the Bose. But they don't have ANC.

Apr 16, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #10 of 15
I have tried both. My mother got the Beats as a present and I've tried the Bose several times in stores where the ANC capabilities really shine. I don't really like the sound of either the Beats or the Bose, but if I had to choose it'd be the Bose. However, just like cel4145 said: let your own ears be the final judge!

Jul 6, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #11 of 15
I posted in another forum that Staples has various color Beats studio wireless on sale till 7/11/15 for only $249.99 which is $130 off retail. Other retailers (except Apple) have similar sales but not as deep as Staples. If you thought Beats studio wireless was good but over-priced this may be a good time to grab a pair. My belief is Apple is gonna discontinue this Beats line.

Jul 12, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #12 of 15
Beats Studio Wireless go for $200 used in excellent condition on Craigslist and Amazon( used refurb ). I recommend these sources. You can alcohol swab them if you are worried about germs from previous owners. 

Jul 12, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #13 of 15
  Thanks for your answer cel, you're right, but I was looking for more detailed specs about the two models!

Well my plus points for the Beats: Bluetooth, easy controls, very high max. volume. Min points: heavy, ears gets too warm, at high volumes "T's" and "S's" gets too "intense".

And on the Bose: Amazing noise cancelling, comfy for the ears, lightweight. Min points: feels cheap, doesn't have bluetooth, max. volume much lower than Beats.

I bought these for noise cancelling during my flights and when I drive my scooter, but I also want high quality audio when I'm at home. I have a month to try these out, I will let you know my final choice :)

I think you've said it here yourself.  It seems like you want headphones for long flights with noise cancelling.  The beats seem to be uncomfortable for long durations.  In terms of difference in sound signature I would say that the differences are negligible (they both have a heavier emphasis on bass) when taking the ergonomics into consideration.  Just from what you've written it seems like Bose is the right choice. 

Jul 13, 2015 at 4:19 AM Post #14 of 15
  I think you've said it here yourself.  It seems like you want headphones for long flights with noise cancelling.  The beats seem to be uncomfortable for long durations.  In terms of difference in sound signature I would say that the differences are negligible (they both have a heavier emphasis on bass) when taking the ergonomics into consideration.  Just from what you've written it seems like Bose is the right choice. 

I'm also willing to bet the Bose has a longer life span as well. Probably a better long term purchase.

Oct 28, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #15 of 15

Seriously mate I would advise you against wearing them in traffic. I witnessed an accident earlier this year where a cyclist with earphones on smashed into a reversing car because he wasn't paying attention. Cut his neck open, blood streaming down the road. He was screaming for help and that he was going to die. Please consider my advice. Don't want a fellow headfier to die listening to music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back