BOSE QC-25 vs semi-professional studio headphones
Jan 6, 2017 at 7:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

pedro99

New Head-Fier
Hi there,
I am a newbie regarding headphones, and an amateur electronic music producer (I'd like to think!).
I have been looking for some $200 studio headphones, like AKG K-712 PRO or Sennheiser HD 380 PRO, to connect directly to my gadgets (like korg volca keys or kaossilator) or to my Laptop running Ableton Live, through a Behringer QX1002USB audio interface.

My wife just offered me the $300 Bose QC-25, which seem great regarding overall music listening, and have great Noise Cancelling for listening in the bus, train, plain, crowded places, whatever, but that is not really important to me. I am wondering if they are any good for [home] studio production.

My question is: should I keep the Bose QC-25 for my home studio activities as well, or should I return them and buy something more studio directed, like the AKG K-712 PRO or Sennheiser HD 380 PRO, or other?

Thank you for your help!

Jan 6, 2017 at 7:46 PM Post #2 of 3
  Hi there,
I am a newbie regarding headphones, and an amateur electronic music producer (I'd like to think!).
I have been looking for some $200 studio headphones, like AKG K-712 PRO or Sennheiser HD 380 PRO, to connect directly to my gadgets (like korg volca keys or kaossilator) or to my Laptop running Ableton Live, through a Behringer QX1002USB audio interface.

My wife just offered me the $300 Bose QC-25, which seem great regarding overall music listening, and have great Noise Cancelling for listening in the bus, train, plain, crowded places, whatever, but that is not really important to me. I am wondering if they are any good for [home] studio production.

My question is: should I keep the Bose QC-25 for my home studio activities as well, or should I return them and buy something more studio directed, like the AKG K-712 PRO or Sennheiser HD 380 PRO, or other?

Thank you for your help!

In my opinion you can find something more suitable to your needs for $300.

Jan 17, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for your input!

After reading a while on these forums, I decided to return them and ordered a pair of Sennheiser HD 380 PRO.
I'll post my opinion on those when they arrive :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back